Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.Martijn
    replied
    The new balljoints have the Lemforder logot stamped into them at the bottom, I think it's save to say these will last a good long time. (I paid +/- 74€ at my dealer somewhere in November 2019 I think)

Leave a comment:

• litu
    replied
    In here price is about 100€ one and in dollars 117,89$ not bad to me...When there was a time no chance of getting anything. Only solution was new arm and here they cost 349 € one piece so 822,86$ pair...Only what i don´t know yet, how long those ball join going to be last, i mean one year or 3 years. So at this time that 100€ for inner ball joint is cheap.
    When here is no after market arm is not anymore, so only oem

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    What's the price for a whole new arm? (admittedly, that's a pretty lazy questions to ask). I mean, it seems expensive. Maybe you can get $10 cheaper somewhere. But at some point you just have to expect things to be expensive.

Here's my take. I have only rarely worn out an inner ball joint. Usually, the outter one goes first. I have a lot of arms (probably 3 of them are drivers side, lol), I'll bet all of them have worn outter joints and solid inner joints. So naturally, demand for inner joints is lower. I think we see that reflected in the supply too.

It's kind of unfortunate, but these cars are niche, quirky, and rare enough.. that some stuff is just hard or impossible to find, because demand doesn't warrant further production. In the past we were awash in seemingly endless supplies of BMW original parts (they really do a good job, mostly). But these cars are 30 years old now. BMW can't sustain making new parts forever, for a car that sold in the thousands of units (now, millions is considered a failure). How many fully functional 325ix's are left? Is it even 1000 in the USA?

So to me, the question is - would you like to have a part available at an expensive price, or nothing available at any price? There's definitely parts I wished I had bought when they were available, that just disappeared and you'll be left paying 4x for used what you could have got new.

By all means shop around. But I doubt BMW will make more of these. Buy them when you can. If you're holding onto your 325ix for the long term, the only possible way unfortunately is to hoard replacement parts.

Leave a comment:

• E30andy
    replied
    Just went to pick mine up from the only BMW dealer in Vermont.....they want $120 each! What is everybody paying for these now? Seems awful steep for a balljoint but if thats the going price I guess I will pony up.

Leave a comment:

• lefthookz
    replied
    Thanks guys, I'll try part number 31121701063!

Leave a comment:

• Ritzace
    replied
    Originally posted by lefthookz View Post
    I called my local BMW dealer today and they do not have a separate part number for inner ball joints. Control arms only. Anyone ordered these ball joints recently and can recommend a dealer?
    I called my local dealership yesterday and ordered a pair using the pn 31121701063. said it would take 2-3 weeks to ship from Germany.

Leave a comment:

• E30andy
    replied
    Anybody find an online site with these available? I dont have a local BMW dealer to order them through.

Leave a comment:

• tk32
    replied
    Originally posted by lefthookz View Post
    I called my local BMW dealer today and they do not have a separate part number for inner ball joints. Control arms only. Anyone ordered these ball joints recently and can recommend a dealer?
    I used the new p/n listed above on this thread and gave it directly to the parts dept. They had no problem finding it in stock and ready to ship

Leave a comment:

• lefthookz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kershaw
    replied
    That's a great price.

Leave a comment:

• fresh_TD
    replied
    I have a set of new ix control arms. $550 shipped for the set.

Leave a comment:

• marko
    replied
    Just picked up mine from the dealer yesterday. Took about 2 weeks to get here from Germany. Nice and sturdy with no play, excited to get these in when I eventually do the steering rack.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    there might be 2500+ worldwide, but no way there are still that many in the USA.

Leave a comment:

• tk32
    replied
    Super cool. Confirmed with my local dealer as well, 7-10 day delivery apparently over 5k in stock! Must have found a big box in the warehouse out back... What do you think, are there more than 2,500 iXs on the road these days?

While I'm in there with my front sub dropped, might as well. Quoted a reasonable price too with free shipping if picked up at your friendly local parts dept.

Leave a comment:

• Eskie
    replied
    Awesome! Yeah, last time I check there was around 1,500 units in Dingolfing. Usually takes 7-10 days for a Germany order. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X