Turbo Ix Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo Ix Roll Call

Who has a turbo IX? Turbo setup? (Turbo, injectors, fuel pump,) How much HP? Stock drive train reliability? Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Currently swapping all my turbo parts into my other iX right now because I got into and accident unfortunately.

HX35 turbo, internal wastegate welded shut.

DIYPSI top mount turbo manifold (http://www.diypsi.net/product/bmw-e3...urbo-manifold/)
    Note: If you buy this manifold, expect to have a machine shop deck the flange surface. It will be warped. My buddy and I both bought one and they were both warped in the middle. The seller did refund the cost of machining.

30lb orange bosch injectors from a Volvo B5254T engine

Tial MVR 44mm wastegate

Tial Q BOV

2.5" charge pipes made from a CX racing universal kit

3" exhaust made from mandrel bend mild steel

dynaflow muffler + resonator

GM wasted spark

DIYPNP MS2

Stock fuel pump

Stock clutch

MAC valve @ 10PSI

ARP headbolts + stock gasket (installed with head on, 1 at a time)

HP: No idea, never dyno'd. Somewhere between 250-300 on the butt dyno.

Reliability: Drove it daily summer and winter for 3 years with zero problems until I got into an accident.

Comment

Still have mine, probably going on 5 years of being boosted, 3 of which was all stock drivetrain https://youtu.be/RcnuHVD1QFs Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
        Still have mine, probably going on 5 years of being boosted, 3 of which was all stock drivetrain https://youtu.be/RcnuHVD1QFs Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
        Your setup is amazing bud. It's been an inspiration for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
          How much power were you making on the stock drive train? What setup are you running now? I see a Dct. What is the front diff setup? Since I hear they are the weak link. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Eskie View Post
            Currently swapping all my turbo parts into my other iX right now because I got into and accident unfortunately. HX35 turbo, internal wastegate welded shut. DIYPSI top mount turbo manifold (http://www.diypsi.net/product/bmw-e3...urbo-manifold/) Note: If you buy this manifold, expect to have a machine shop deck the flange surface. It will be warped. My buddy and I both bought one and they were both warped in the middle. The seller did refund the cost of machining. 30lb orange bosch injectors from a Volvo B5254T engine Tial MVR 44mm wastegate Tial Q BOV 2.5" charge pipes made from a CX racing universal kit 3" exhaust made from mandrel bend mild steel dynaflow muffler + resonator GM wasted spark DIYPNP MS2 Stock fuel pump Stock clutch MAC valve @ 10PSI ARP headbolts + stock gasket (installed with head on, 1 at a time) HP: No idea, never dyno'd. Somewhere between 250-300 on the butt dyno. Reliability: Drove it daily summer and winter for 3 years with zero problems until I got into an accident.
            Nice setup! I have my second build going after the tuner I used destroyed my first engine. I'm just curious as to how much power I can run and not have to stockpile front diffs. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you. I've got a couple diffs stockpiled for when I increase the power but I haven't destroyed one yet. I've only launched it a couple times though.

What happened to your engine? Tuner run a little too much timing?

Comment

Thank you. I've got a couple diffs stockpiled for when I increase the power but I haven't destroyed one yet. I've only launched it a couple times though. What happened to your engine? Tuner run a little too much timing?
                I honestly think he just flat out didn't know what the fuck he was doing. It was detonating so bad it broke all the compression rings and destroyed the pistons. Also left melted piston material on the cylinder walls. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow that’s pretty bad. I don’t know what engine management your running but I’m running a known good timing map and used auto tune on mega squirt to tune mine. You could give that a shot. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow that’s pretty bad. I don’t know what engine management your running but I’m running a known good timing map and used auto tune on mega squirt to tune mine. You could give that a shot. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I'm using the exact same as you MSPNP2. Is your engine a 2.5? I'm building a stroker 2.8 with a m52b28 cranks 135mm forged pistons and Custom forged CP pistons. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah mine is a stock 2.5. That build sounds sick. Are you going to run a different cam? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah mine is a stock 2.5. That build sounds sick. Are you going to run a different cam? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I wanted to run a different cam. I was planning on running a bimmerheads billet or regrind but they are both sold out. A 280/274 is what I want to get. Do you have a different cam in yours? I also have a snow performance water/meth kit as e85 isn't available where I live. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Have not changed the cam out yet. I’ve never ran meth on mine or e85. What power lever do people run that, or is it just for more aggressive timing? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have not changed the cam out yet. I’ve never ran meth on mine or e85. What power lever do people run that, or is it just for more aggressive timing? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            From what I've read the stock cam is pretty good for boost. I'm still on the fence whether I should change my cam or not. Depends on the setup really both provide higher octane for more boost and more aggressive timing. The water in the water/meth also cools the intake charge so it has that advantage as well. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyPrime View Post
                              How much power were you making on the stock drive train? What setup are you running now? I see a Dct. What is the front diff setup? Since I hear they are the weak link. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                              I ran it about 400-450 wheel on the stock front diff. Did a good bit of launches on it also. Now I'm running a e34 front diff and axles Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Working...
                              X