popout windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agustingig View Post
    I bought a set of popouts yesterday to install on my e30, question is are there the same weather strips around the glass? And are there holes behind the headliner in the rear c-pillars for the screws in the latches?
    anyone? Need to know cuz im leaving the us day after christmas :$

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrix2k View Post
      I'm thinking about using the rear window motors from an e46 coupe to open the e30's pop-out windows. Any one try this before?
      One of the many project I had in mind to do....
      It can't be that hard...

Comment

Originally posted by e30serg View Post
        One of the many project I had in mind to do....
        It can't be that hard...
        Famous last words. In what I read, even installing the stock assembly was a pain in the ass (I still can't find the thread/remember if it was an E30/E36).
        Originally posted by george graves
        If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

oh btw, you can use the pop out motors from a dodge grand caravan. They bolt roght up to the glass but you gotta get a tad creative with the mounting of the actual motor. They arent small

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
            oh btw, you can use the pop out motors from a dodge grand caravan. They bolt roght up to the glass but you gotta get a tad creative with the mounting of the actual motor. They arent small
            I would like to do an E46 -> E30 retrofit.. i REALLY like the rear window pop out in my E46.. that car has electric motors though...... Very handy for 80-90 degree weather.

Comment

they're more common in the US and rare in the UK

Comment

Working...
              X