Under hood insulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under hood insulation

Where can I find, if its available, the OEM under hood insulation?

I've seen multiple people use other products to redo their insulation, but I'd rather stick with the OEM stuff.

Thanks!
    '91 Brilliantrot 318iS - Sold
    '95 e34 s50 Touring - P/O
    '87 Alpine White 325iS - Current

Here's a link to the fiche, it shows the part and even shows a number for it, but it isn't on the list.

What are other people replacing this with? I scraped all mine off because it kept falling on my head while I was under the hood.
    WTB late model, anywhere on the east coast will go as far west as Texas for the right car at the right price. 5 speed 6cyl only.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid." - Han Solo

Comment

bavauto caries it for $57

Comment

We offer an alternative... Have used several of Bob's products and very happy with the results. Not to mention his customer service is outstanding. Scroll down for the e30 one. Comes in two sizes, 1/4" and 1/2". We have samples at the shop if anyone is interested in seeing it first hand. The material will be on the hood long after Im in the ground.

You can order directly through Bob or we can order for you for the same price. Up to you.

If there is enough interest(ie 5-10 sets) I can also talk to him about putting a group buy toghether for a possible discount.

L
        sigpic
        New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
        %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

When replacing the hood lining just leave the factory adhesive on there, trust me you will save a lot of trouble and mess.
          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys! Looks like I'll be tackling the hood insulation next!

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
              We offer an alternative... Have used several of Bob's products and very happy with the results. Not to mention his customer service is outstanding. Scroll down for the e30 one. Comes in two sizes, 1/4" and 1/2". We have samples at the shop if anyone is interested in seeing it first hand. The material will be on the hood long after Im in the ground.

You can order directly through Bob or we can order for you for the same price. Up to you.

If there is enough interest(ie 5-10 sets) I can also talk to him about putting a group buy toghether for a possible discount.

L
              If a group buy is started, I will get one for sure.
              Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
              BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

why get one? wouldnt it just increase the heat in the engine and lower its efficiency?
                sigpic
                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Noise. And I will add my recommendation for 928leathershop's - now classic9leathershop's - products.

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                    why get one? wouldnt it just increase the heat in the engine and lower its efficiency?
                    Thats what Im thinking..
                    [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                    Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

Just bought from Pelican ...

Beastolizer ... I just purchased it from Pelican Parts ... it was like 39.00? Do you need the part number, I may have it.

Gerta
                      Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
                        Beastolizer ... I just purchased it from Pelican Parts ... it was like 39.00? Do you need the part number, I may have it.

Gerta
                        I found it on Pelican Parts, but thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                          not to be an ass but it says in the discription that it will not effect engine temps.

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post

L

I'd consider it, but i definitely want to hear a price first. interested...

Comment

Put me on the list for one as well :D

Comment

Working...
                              X