X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think i will be keeping it alpine, for sure going to repaint it though

Comment

Originally posted by lylefk View Post
      Or sell me the car for what you have in it and buy that swapped car you wanted :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
      the only reason i wanted a swapped one is because i didnt think i could afford a m3 and a swapped e30 was the next best thing!:D

give me 14k and its yours :)

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek
        Don't you work at/own a body shop?
        yea

Comment

I don't like white m3's for some reason. Maybe I need to see one in person..

Comment

How much do you get this car for? Im gonna start saving up for an e30 m3.... Haha

Comment

14K? haha...in any case enjoy the car, I'm jealous.
              92 325ic 5 speed, hard top, windscreen, 133k, for sale
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                How much do you get this car for? Im gonna start saving up for an e30 m3.... Haha
                Oh lolz

Comment

Maybe I can help you out.
                  I'll bring my E30M3 over and you can spray it out in a nice, fresh coat of Hennarot and then be able to see if that might be a color you would like on your car.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek
                    So why wouldn't you paint it? You can do everything to your liking and correctly (shaved washer sprayers, etc.). Unless of course the paint is 100% original.
                    Because I am concerned that in the future wen I decide to sell it I wil have devalued the car by going custom.
                    I know it's not super rare but it is a m3
                    I've wanted this car for a long time

Comment

Originally posted by SteveJ View Post
                      Maybe I can help you out.
                      I'll bring my E30M3 over and you can spray it out in a nice, fresh coat of Hennarot and then be able to see if that might be a color you would like on your car.
                      Sure!
                      Payne for it and ill experimant on it :)

Comment

Originally posted by lylefk View Post
                        14K? haha...in any case enjoy the car, I'm jealous.
                        Thanks mate

Comment

I guess I can aaactually contribute here. I personally find that non-oem colors look...off...on M3's. And I'm not even a purist. I would even consider doing an LS1 swap in one...which would get me strung up by many.

If it were me, I would be do a nice Alpine job on her, because that's my favorite look...just a perk to keep it the orig color..it's arguably the most desirable anyway, and looks awesome with the Cardinal.

Also...the value (or lack thereof) when it comes time to sell is irrelevant...you bought that car to ENJOY it, right? I say do what makes you happy. You have waited a long time for the car, make it yours and make it something you'll love.
                          92 325ic 5 speed, hard top, windscreen, 133k, for sale
                          sigpic

Comment

In a collectible car original paint is always preferable, followed by resprayed original color, then other OEM color, then non OEM.

White/cardinal is my absolute favorite stock combination, I wouldn't want to change it, in fact I will be painting mine white at some point.

If dark burgundy is what you want, why not paint it burgundrot and keep it sorta OEM?(though not M3 OEM) I think it would look amazing on an m3

Sorry it's big, don't feel like resizing since you don't have to scroll or anything.
                            sigpic

Comment

my favorite color for m3s is definitely brilliantrot. that is the e30 m3 color for me.

I think red red would be ideal

if you are a pro, I would go for it for the full repaint.

for me I would not change the color too much extra work. But for you it seems obvious.

Ask the forum again what their favorite m3 color is.

Comment

Alpine with card is sex.
                                ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                                ~ '87 535
                                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
                                X