e30 m3 color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stamar View Post
    my favorite color for m3s is definitely brilliantrot. that is the e30 m3 color for me.

I think red red would be ideal

if you are a pro, I would go for it for the full repaint.

for me I would not change the color too much extra work. But for you it seems obvious.

Ask the forum again what their favorite m3 color is.

i have never seen any e30 m3 in brilliantrot. i have seen zino and henna. the factory red interior(cardinal) is a burgandy color. this interior would look absolutely terrible(no offense stamar)with any factory red e30 color

I personally think the best color e30 color combination is cardinal interior with lachs or sterlingsilber. my second choice is diamondschwartz/cardinal. my third choice would be alpinweis/cardinal.

offhand the only factory non-special order colors i can think of that came on e30 m3's are the two reds mentioned above, lachsilber, diamondschwartz and alpinweis 2.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I believe the sport evo red is brilliantrot. I resprayed mine about 12 years ago using oem Glasurit for an exact color match. Lachssilber is a metallic so it's a base/clear as per the factory color. AW is single stage so if you respray it, you have a decision to make.
      Last edited by reelizmpro; 05-09-2012, 09:29 AM.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
        i saw this really dark burgandy on a porsche carrera turbo, not sure exactly what its called but after thinking about it it wouldnt look all that great with a cardinal interior
        Arena red. Please don't so this.

AW FTW. Keep it original.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

dont respray it if you dont have to.

and if you arent planning on spending at least $8000, then REALLY dont respray it.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

Just paint it back alpine, It will be easier since you don't have to completely take it apart/rotisserie it to do it. I just had my car resprayed Sterling. I really wish it was calypso, but I kept it original.
            I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
            Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

i will be leaving it alpine thanks for all of the advise guys.

i work at a body shop i get free paint jobs soooo no will not be spending 8k regardless of what i do

Comment

Keep it original will keep the value more, doing a color change on an E30 M3 would be foolish unless you don't ever want to sell it EVER. But Alpine looks awesome for an M3. I have a Diamondswartz and now I want a Alpine to go with it.
                "I wanna see da boat movie"
                "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                  dont respray it if you dont have to.

and if you arent planning on spending at least $8000, then REALLY dont respray it.
                  False. The amount of money put into a restoration/paint job doesn't necessarily directly correlate to the quality of said work. Case point: Vlad. There are people who spend gratuitous amounts of money to get their cars worked on by others, and then there are people who are extremely resourceful, who understand the value in doing the work themselves, and who have the ability to do so correctly.

My car currently has the equivalent of a $4000 paint job/body work combination and because I buttered up the shop owner with nice gifts and lunches and a genuine friendship, I was able to pay significantly lower. I also did the sanding/bodywork myself which made it infinitely easier for the painter do to his job. All trim pieces and windows were removed by me. Not only because it was easier for the painter, but because I wanted to do a damn good job with my car.

I succeeded.
                  world renown Harry Potter expert
                  sigpic

Comment

I thought about changing the color on my 89 alpine m3 but in the end went with a full body respray in the oem color using oem basf paint. They may not be rare but look at what there value is on a full restoration or low mileage example.

Comment

is cardinal interior rareish?

Comment

I changed the color of my M3. It doesn't matter what color your car is as long as the one who wants to buy it likes that color. Do what you want with the car- stock colors on stock cars are too boring to me.

looks nicer than white to me.

Comment

I believe the Cardinal interior is on the rarer side. Not my choice in color, but I think it would look good with a contrasting exterior color. You already know reds are hard to match.

The stock M3 form in white looks really good with the smattering of black trim items the factory installed. The trend in the 80's was to go all monochrome with one color for everything. People would white out all the black trim. That looks extremely dated now. Classic good looks stay classic.

Factory colors for North America were Black, White, Silver, and Red. I know there were two silvers and also two reds -Zino, and then there was Henna which was available in the production run up to 8/1987.

The Sport Evo cars had additional special colors available.

Comment

Original color, for many reasons.
                            sigpic
                            Reich und Roll!

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                              i have never seen any e30 m3 in brilliantrot. i have seen zino and henna. the factory red interior(cardinal) is a burgandy color. this interior would look absolutely terrible(no offense stamar)with any factory red e30 color

I personally think the best color e30 color combination is cardinal interior with lachs or sterlingsilber. my second choice is diamondschwartz/cardinal. my third choice would be alpinweis/cardinal.

offhand the only factory non-special order colors i can think of that came on e30 m3's are the two reds mentioned above, lachsilber, diamondschwartz and alpinweis 2.

If you type, e30 m3 brilliantrot in google and click on images you will see many.

Comment

In my opinion it comes down to whether or not you're building the car for you to enjoy or, to satisfy keyboard jockeys who will never own a M3. The being said white cars with red interior are my favorite color combination ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X