are these euro bumpers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are these euro bumpers?

Hi guys, long story short.. I'm fairly new to the E30 world. I found a set of bumpers for sale, but to me they look like normal US spec plastic bumpers. The seller says they are Euro bumpers. Can anyone help me figure out what they are?

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    1991 318is
    F31 328d
    e70 x5d - DPF, DEF, SCR delete.
    135i cab
    F80 M3

Well they do sell those plastic bumpers in europe also.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

No, they're not Euro bumpers, but they could have euro trim on them.
      My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

The real question here is whether or not they are sitting in a half dried up puddle of urine; and if so, is it human or domestic animal?

Comment

horrible lighting, no face shots, potato camera, YUP Euro 100% I concur you pay twice the asking price

Comment

Plastic bumpers were the same in Europe and US. The only difference is that the black plastic trims were different in the US because they required side marker lights by DOT regulation. European trim doesn't have these side marker lights and is often preferred by most enthusiasts because the bulbs in the side markers often melt the plastic holders in the lights and can be a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
              Plastic bumpers were the same in Europe and US. The only difference is that the black plastic trims were different in the US because they required side marker lights by DOT regulation. European trim doesn't have these side marker lights and is often preferred by most enthusiasts because the bulbs in the side markers often melt the plastic holders in the lights and can be a pain.
              +1

You can also buy European bumper trim from a couple of places, if I recall correctly.
              My previous build (currently E30-less)
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

More accurately these would be referred to as "world bumpers."
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Thanks for the information guys. I learned a bit.

I'll check when I see them in person. I wish i had better pics to go by..
                  I live in Edmonton, alberta (canada)
                  but am currently visiting Anaheim for another week. Its interesting to see all of the e30 parts you guys have available on craigslist.
                  1991 318is
                  F31 328d
                  e70 x5d - DPF, DEF, SCR delete.
                  135i cab
                  F80 M3

Comment

Those are most definitely late model plastic bumpers.

"Euro bumpers" generally refer to early model metal bumpers like this:

Comment

Working...
                    X