Leather parking brake boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leather parking brake boot

Need a black leather parking brake boot to replace my OE accordion-style piece.

Any recommendations for a quality piece? Google shows me some that don't look that great so hoping there is a better source in our community.

Cheers.

I know members used to make them to order back in the day. Condor speed shop has some that look similar to what members where making for eachother. I miss those days, I should have bought one myself! I want one now lol

Condor for reference: https://www.condorspeedshop.com/coll...rake-boots/e30
    Flickr

Comment

I have one that fits poorly.. I'll trade you for the stock accordion, lol.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I'm making my own after having failed to find any decent ones for sale online.

Ironically, I'm not good enough at machine sewing yet to make a decent one either.

Thankfully, $50 bought me enough automotive-grade UV stable leather to get about 30 attempts to improve.
        cars beep boop

Comment

Ebay one did the job for me. You have to glue it on yourself though but looks OEM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            I have one that fits poorly.. I'll trade you for the stock accordion, lol.
            I wonder how it would look with an accordion shift boot.

What about Stichboots or Nine stitch for leather E-brake boots boots?

I really hate floppy shift / Ebrake boots... Like someone used a plastic grocery bag...
            Last edited by moatilliatta; 05-06-2021, 07:11 AM.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

My leather shift boot fits fine. The leather e-brake boot has never fit properly (somebody on the forum made, it, years and years ago). It always pops off the frame - I'm just over it. Wish I hadn't tossed the stock one. My wife can sew actually, but not leather (at least not with her machine).
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I can do a lot of things half-assed but I absolutely cannot sew.

I think the accordion shift boots could be the next thing. I could adapt a late model 2002 boot....

Click image for larger version  Name:	a20792913d28d8e9c2530b_m__72028.1417459343.1280.1280.jpg?c=2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.8 KB ID:	10016944

Mike36 - any links to a good ebay boot? Most I see look like they would be a bit floppy.

Moatilliatta - I did not see much of anything on the Nine stitch site but I did not look into Stitched boots - will do that - thanks.

Nando - I can send you my accordion boot if you really want it....

Comment

Do you have paypal? I can at the very least cover shipping!
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    Do you have paypal? I can at the very least cover shipping!
                    I'll PM you....

Comment

Working...
                    X