Reupholstered interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reupholstered interior

New leather front and rear plus new M Technic fabric on the seats and front & rear door cards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C704C22D-F577-487F-8DFE-B7E333A6836D.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	10082866 Click image for larger version

Name:	B60DAE56-B1AE-416B-8019-9AA35868EB2E.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	10082867 Click image for larger version

Name:	EA39FC88-C4EB-4758-937E-B69A6408BABC.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	10082868 Click image for larger version

Name:	8E9C94F6-7D73-4E43-829D-AEA7D35480D4.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	10082869

Looks like good work. Seams are all straight and no strange waves in the material.

Were you able to reuse all of the foam?

Comment

Very nice, did you end up selling the old skins, I'd be interested in them if they're still available. I'm sure you posted this on FB but my FB account was hacked so I currently don't have access to my account to message you there.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post
        Looks like good work. Seams are all straight and no strange waves in the material.

Were you able to reuse all of the foam?
        All new foam was added. They're like new again!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
          Very nice, did you end up selling the old skins, I'd be interested in them if they're still available. I'm sure you posted this on FB but my FB account was hacked so I currently don't have access to my account to message you there.
          Sorry Mike...they're already spoken for. Thanks for the compliment!

Comment

Originally posted by Uber///m3 View Post
            All new foam was added. They're like new again!
            Nice! Is it still available from BMW or did you have it made up?

Comment

Nice! Is it still available from BMW or did you have it made up?
              The upholsterer made it up. I discovered he'd been doing automotive upholstery work for about 40 years and had actually re-upholstered a car just like mine (with M Technic fabric). To me, that meant he'd appreciate the need for firm seat foam, perfectly angled (and matching) M Rain stripes (on both the seats and the door cards). And he hit it right in the bullseye! (IMHO) It cost me about $4K for the whole job, but it was worth every penny when you see (in person) how it came out. It's so hard to get photos that do it justice...

Comment

Originally posted by Uber///m3 View Post
                The upholsterer made it up. I discovered he'd been doing automotive upholstery work for about 40 years and had actually re-upholstered a car just like mine (with M Technic fabric). To me, that meant he'd appreciate the need for firm seat foam, perfectly angled (and matching) M Rain stripes (on both the seats and the door cards). And he hit it right in the bullseye! (IMHO) It cost me about $4K for the whole job, but it was worth every penny when you see (in person) how it came out. It's so hard to get photos that do it justice...
                That's awesome! I love it when you can find a skilled craftsman who actually cares about getting things perfect.
                Sadly I think this mindset is dying in modern times.

Comment

That's awesome! I love it when you can find a skilled craftsman who actually cares about getting things perfect.
                  Sadly I think this mindset is dying in modern times.
                  Agreed...I did A LOT of research before I chose Finish Line Auto Upholstery to do the job. Their work is impeccable. They bent over backwards to make sure the job was done right and I was satisfied...

Comment

Proper lines at the rear leg bolsters. I hate seeing literally that corner cut.

Did you have 2 piece front door cards to start with?

Cali has some skills out there.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                      Proper lines at the rear leg bolsters. I hate seeing literally that corner cut.

Did you have 2 piece front door cards to start with?

Cali has some skills out there.
                      No...they were single piece door cards. Thanks for the compliment on the rear leg bolsters. The upholsterer that did the work was a 40 year veteran. I got lucky that he was available to do the work!

Comment

Where did you source the M-Tech fabric from? Looking to do the same thing to my 87 vert. I Have a shop to do the work, but having a hard time sourcing the material.

Comment

Originally posted by thrashandburnn View Post
                          Where did you source the M-Tech fabric from? Looking to do the same thing to my 87 vert. I Have a shop to do the work, but having a hard time sourcing the material.
                          Got it from BimmerCloth.com. Be sure to ask for the black fabric, not the gray. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                          X