No announcement yet.

The Comprehensive E30 Dashboard / E30 Dash Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did the dash repair 101 on my project. It came out good for me.
    Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

I've given up on maintaining mine until I can afford an AMX interior (gonna be a while lol). Dash is gonna crack no matter what at this point, car is pushing 35 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by bayerische.klasse View Post
        I've given up on maintaining mine until I can afford an AMX interior (gonna be a while lol). Dash is gonna crack no matter what at this point, car is pushing 35 years old.
        I too have been thinking that is my end game, when everything else is the way I want it, getting a leather wrapped dash from AMX would be the cherry on top. But yeah, for the cost I can't justify it for some time.
        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Hey so in Australia and South Africa they make these for left hand drive e30s. Wondering if someone knows how to make one of these molded covers and not so thick like the tacky carpet ones.. any ideas?

Comment

I somehow, miraculously, have a perfect dashboard. Car has been in the process of being restored over the last 3 years and just got back on the road. What ceramic does everyone recommend? Will do anything to protect it at all costs.

Comment

With an enthusiast car like this, how is there no consensus on treating/protecting the dashes (cleaning/product-wise)? What do I wipe it down with?

Comment

Originally posted by 88Sedan View Post
                With an enthusiast car like this, how is there no consensus on treating/protecting the dashes (cleaning/product-wise)? What do I wipe it down with?
                Have you heard the saying "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one?"

Having said that, the best way I know to prevent the dash vinyl from splitting or pulling away is to protect it from temperature extremes. My E30 has always been stored winters in heated or semi-heated storage, and I use a sun shade in the summer months when the car is parked. Vinyl doesn't need 'treatment' like leather, most treatments are for the sake of appearance.

Comment

Anyone know the fitment of the 2M Autowerks​ dash?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                  @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                  X