No announcement yet.

Show me your e30 cupholders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumping this old thread to put my company's offering in here, the GearSwitch E30 Cup Holder.

We just finished a successful pre-sales campaign, and now in production to fill those units. This is direct-digitally manufactured from carbon-fiber ABS composite in the USA and fits anything from Red Bull up to a Nalgene.

The pre-sale campaign is now completed, but we're still taking orders with a current 3-4 week queue from order to shipment. Happy to answer any questions here or via PM/e-mail. Cheers!

Direct-digitally-manufactured, customized products for discerning automotive enthusiasts. BMW E30 Cup Holder, MacBook Decals and more.

Explainer Video:

Last edited by megatron; 05-15-2015, 03:42 PM.
    GearSwitch E30 Cup Holder available now at http://gearswitch.us

Comment

Originally posted by megatron View Post
      Bumping this old thread to put my company's offering in here, the GearSwitch E30 Cup Holder.

We just finished a successful pre-sales campaign, and now in production to fill those units. This is direct-digitally manufactured from carbon-fiber ABS composite in the USA and fits anything from Red Bull up to a Nalgene.

The pre-sale campaign is now completed, but we're still taking orders with a current 3-4 week queue from order to shipment. Happy to answer any questions here or via PM/e-mail. Cheers!

Direct-digitally-manufactured, customized products for discerning automotive enthusiasts. BMW E30 Cup Holder, MacBook Decals and more.

Explainer Video:

This looks promising. Would any satisfied customers like to comment?

Cory
      1992 325i Cabrio
      1988 320i Touring
      2000 M5
      1977 530i
      2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
      BMWCCA
      E30CCA

Comment

Received mine late last week. Aside from initially being impressed with the packaging (it was similar to the packaging on my old Nokia 8800 phone) the finish and quality of the product was top notch.

Though included with the package was some 3M double sided tape dots the cupholder fit perfectly in my center console without them.

Fit a (root)beer bottle just fine, my klean canteen, amongst other things.

Great product, great seller.
        Touring Build + Touring Complete (sold) - As featured in August 2010 Bimmer Magazine :)
        iX Build + iX Complete (sold)
        "Mtech 1" Build (work in progress)

Comment

Originally posted by nhskibm View Post
          Received mine late last week. Aside from initially being impressed with the packaging (it was similar to the packaging on my old Nokia 8800 phone) the finish and quality of the product was top notch.

Though included with the package was some 3M double sided tape dots the cupholder fit perfectly in my center console without them.

Fit a (root)beer bottle just fine, my klean canteen, amongst other things.

Great product, great seller.
          Nice cant wait to get mine!
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

+++1 for Gearswitch

Ordered the Gearswitch cup holder on May 26 and it arrived this week. It is awesome. Great construction, professional packaging. I used 2 of the 5 adhesive shims to get it to fit tightly in my center console.

Would definitely recommend this product.

Can't wait for the weather to cool down enough for a drive in the 'vert while enjoying a cold drink. Best of all, I get to remove the OEM accessory cup holder that's been attached to the door map pocket and always knocking against my leg.

Cory

Gearswitch cup holder by cory58f5, on Flickr
            Last edited by cory58; 11-23-2019, 09:36 AM.
            1992 325i Cabrio
            1988 320i Touring
            2000 M5
            1977 530i
            2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
            BMWCCA
            E30CCA

Comment

I'm a big fan of my sfgadgetguy one, only downside is it doesn't hold super big stuff. The looks really match the interior well, though, and it holds pretty much everything I use on a regular basis.
              Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Hi guys, to celebrate E30 Picnic Weekend, the GearSwitch E30 Cup Holder is on sale! Use discount code E30_PICNIC for a $10 discount. Code is good through Monday 11:59PM at http://gearswitch.us . If you are going to the E30 Picnic, the sale price applies for units we have on hand for pick up with no shipping.

Digitally-designed to fit nearly any drink and additively-manufactured from carbon-fiber filled ABS in the USA, the GearSwitch E30 Cup Holder is simply the best cup holder for the E30.

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
                  Ordered the Gearswitch cup holder on May 26 and it arrived this week. It is awesome. Great construction, professional packaging. I used 2 of the 5 adhesive shims to get it to fit tightly in my center console.

Would definitely recommend this product.

Can't wait for the weather to cool down enough for a drive in the 'vert while enjoying a cold drink. Best of all, I get to remove the OEM accessory cup holder that's been attached to the door map pocket and always knocking against my leg.

Cory

Your interior is beautiful! Thanks for posting the pictures and for the kind words!

Comment

Hi all, thanks again for all of the support. To give back, we've just signed on as an sponsor of the r3vlimited forums. Formal announcement of that coming up soon, along with some announcements on distributors, overseas shipping, and a few other things.

We'll be at Bimmerfest East 2015 this weekend if you guys want to say hi and check out the E30 Cup Holder and a few other things in the works. We'll have a some cup holders on hand for sale, and can accept cc via Square. Thanks!

Comment

FYI the E36 cup holders/center console DOES NOT WORK with E30 M3. I found out the hard way...anyone wants to buy it from me?

Comment

Got a Gearswitch cupholder recently after doing some research. Design wise, its awesome and by far the best choice. I have a 1.5L Nalgene that I take with me everywhere that fits in the front holder and the rear holder gets used for coffee every once in a while. Needed to use all 5 of the silicone dots to fit snugly, but its in there nice and tight.

There is however a major area that I think needs attention, and that is the finish. These are 3D printed and it is OBVIOUS. None of the pictures I have seen are zoomed in close enough to show the texture of surface, but it appears to be printed by a mid quality 3D printer, which doesnt have the resolution to make it truly smooth. Just seems very cheap to me, especially considering the $100+ price.
                        2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
                        1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
                        1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Here's ours that gets us through the day all the time...
                          Attached Files

Comment

I recently started selling affordable E30 cupholders that are designed to keep your drinks secure during spirited driving. They come in two sizes to suit your needs. They are a press fit into the center console pocket, no tape or screws are required!

Check them out along with a bunch of other E30 goodies I have below:

We firmly believe that we have created the best BMW E30 cup holder on the market. The combination of a period-correct boxy design, removable insert to accommodate many different drink sizes, and a magnetic-latching sliding door for access to the storage below, make this cup holder a must-have upgrade for any E30 enthus
                            Last edited by CalypsoBotter; 11-09-2023, 09:13 AM.

Comment

looks nice^

Comment

Originally posted by Tismael711 View Post
                                will an E36 console fit the E30? It has cupholders.

Both e36 and e46 will, they don’t look very good where it meets the shifter surround.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Working...
                                X