E30 M3 parking brake boot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 M3 parking brake boot.

I see the E30 M3 came with a leather parking brake boot... The stock rubber one sucks.. I did little checking, the console & E-brake handles seem to be the same part numbers.. So I ordered one for the car. Anyone have one in their car ?
    Last edited by rob-redm; 03-17-2013, 06:26 PM. Reason: posted to wrong discussion group. please move
    it's just a ETA !

The m3 one is a great fit; it works, but I bought the Topgaiter's boot off eBay cause they did custom sizing with e34/e36 leather e-brake handle. The leather is thicker too

I'd rather have the m3 one though

Comment

would like to see the e-brake handle.. the plastic one has to go.
      it's just a ETA !

Comment

Bad picture, but you get the idea. The M3 one fits better than this, but it's thinner. I'd rather have the M3 boot, but at the end of the day, it's still leather and it replaces the ugly accordion fold one, so I don't mind

Comment

I make my boots patterned the same as the M3 leather one. Got an old boot from a member.

Keep the metal frame inside the accordion thing, they're used for the fabric ones too.

Edit: here's a pic of my version of the M3 boot with a E34 handle.
          - Josh
          1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
          Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

I have one in my car =].

They are great interior upgrades. The according boot is unsightly and the handle sucks. Leather is a very nice touch.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I will have to look into the leather e-brake handle... really don't like the plastic handle...

If I remember my 95 525it has vinyl e brake boot and plastic handle.. I think the leather handle has to be purchased with parking brake....
              it's just a ETA !

Comment

Originally posted by rob-redm View Post
                I will have to look into the leather e-brake handle... really don't like the plastic handle...

If I remember my 95 525it has vinyl e brake boot and plastic handle.. I think the leather handle has to be purchased with parking brake....
                i think they only came on the 535 and 540 the more up market models
                88 325is Five Speed
                Lachssilber

Comment

I got mine with both of my cars. but i have seen the in the junkyard all the time. all e30 boots are interchangeable.

Mtech2 shift boot by Eric Berger, on Flickr

M3 shift boot by Eric Berger, on Flickr
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                    i think they only came on the 535 and 540 the more up market models
                    I did change mine in my 95 525it, your correct I had to order 540i boot and parking brake.
                    it's just a ETA !

Comment

Top gaitors boot with E34 handle, love it. Amazing the ergonomic difference you notice everytime you drive the car having the leather handle.

Comment

so are you guys pulling the leather brake handles off 5 series ? I did check while at work, and did see in the European ETK (e30 M3) they offer a complete leather assy. ( gulp $3**.00 dollars. I haven't had a e-barke handle off a E30 in a while... I know they slide on pretty easy.. coming off not as fun.. What do you guys find easier to remove them. Thanks !
                        it's just a ETA !

Comment

It just pulls off, you gotta work it. It can help to heat the grip quickly with a heat gun and push from the back forward

Edit: haha, too quick with the send... yeah, the e34 handle slides right on. It's a couple inches shorter though. You should definitely ziptie the boot to it.
                          - Josh
                          1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                          Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

I just saw a leather handle at the junk yard and should of bought it.
                            88 M3 Diamantschwarz
                            89 M3 Zinnoberrot
                            56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
                            www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post
                              It just pulls off, you gotta work it. It can help to heat the grip quickly with a heat gun and push from the back forward

Edit: haha, too quick with the send... yeah, the e34 handle slides right on. It's a couple inches shorter though. You should definitely ziptie the boot to it.
                              Thanks...
                              it's just a ETA !

Comment

Working...
                              X