No announcement yet.

Who's using a Child Seat in their e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no car is more fun to kids than riding in a sports car. I remember my step mom had a late 70s firebird tran-am with the 455 and we loved riding in it. the sound and the take off was always so fun. and my aunt would drive us around in her delorean sometimes and we loved it. the feel of being so low and cool

Comment

I've put rear facing car seats in the back of my 87 E30 coupe for my daughter since she was 7 months old. Using the middle lap belt, it also allows for ample room for the driver and the passenger in the front seats and conforms to the safety instructions posted by the car seat makers.
      Attached Files

Comment

I used to fit our BOB stroller just fine in the trunk of the E30. If you've had one, you know how bulky those things are.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yep - I used to fit an old Steelcraft convertible capsule / pusher in the trunk of mine too (a feat that a VW Tiguan actually can't achieve!)
          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

I had to pull the wheels off my BOB stroller to fit in the trunk of my m3, but it worked. Those are big, but they are also awesome, great strollers. I still make my wife take it with us to places in case one of the kids gets tired, plus I can wheel around all the accessories that come with us instead of carrying

Comment

Its good to know that car seats will fit in the rear of a coupe however I am glad I have my sedan. It just makes it that much easier to fit a squirming toddler into the rear.
              2009 BMW 328i xDrive (Daily/winter drift king)
              1987 BMW 325i (Currently torn apart)
              Instgram: @Ebola.30

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
                I had to pull the wheels off my BOB stroller to fit in the trunk of my m3, but it worked. Those are big, but they are also awesome, great strollers. I still make my wife take it with us to places in case one of the kids gets tired, plus I can wheel around all the accessories that come with us instead of carrying
                you pretty much have to take them off to fit them in any car - except maybe a truck or SUV. Pretty sure I even got the double stroller in there several times.

sadly, we don't need ours anymore, the kids are too big. :(
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Not sadly, its time to start working on their e30s.

Both of my kids have their own e30s now

Comment

Originally posted by MB07 View Post
                    Its good to know that car seats will fit in the rear of a coupe however I am glad I have my sedan. It just makes it that much easier to fit a squirming toddler into the rear.
                    Agreed. If we didn't have a family car with 4 doors, it would get pretty tedious to be in and out of the back seat with a squirming toddler on a regular basis. For a BMWCCA event, it wasn't too bad:)

Comment

Says right there...
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic
                      January 2012 COTM

Comment

Resurrecting this post because I just bought my first E30! Thanks for the helpful link to the post with part numbers for the rear and the discussion about the locking mechanism in the E30 seat belts.

To the poster who doesn't think kids belong in fun cars, I've installed car seats in all my "fun" cars so my two little guys could ride along in "Papa's car" with me. We had a rear-facing seat in my '93 MR2 for my firstborn (bought the car when he was still in utero because a growing family needs to have a two-seater), sold the MR2 when I bought my '00 Z3M Coupe. Both boys have been forward-facing in that car.

They're really excited about the E30 because "papa, this one has seats for both of us!!!"

We love to go to C&C events together, and they also come to cheer when I do a local AutoX event.

Props to all the moms and dads out there who are raising little petrolheads by showing how much fun one can have in a car.

Comment

Glad the info on the seat belt locks helped you out.

I am counting the days until we can turn my son's rear facing seat around. My son turns 2 in a couple months. It is such a challenge getting him in the rear facing seat in a coupe that has 2 cars in the back seat. My daughter will be graduating a backless booster soon.

Comment

raised two boys in my e30. they fucked it up good! dueling car seats in the rear for years...
                            then i restored it before their very eyes and now it's pure respect...

sent from hell using Tapatalk
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            '90 325i sedan daily driven
                            '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

HI everyone sorry fo reserecting this back up but need some setup advise? I will soon need to take my son who is 10 months old to the babysitter and the only form of transport is my 89 coupe. I plan on putting him in the back in rear facing. I wanted to ask did guys put them in the middle with just the lap belt or passenger side with the regular belt? Thanks!

Comment

I found in my coupe that if i put the baby seat on the side it touched the front seats (I have FD rx7 seats that don't go forward as much as oem). So i put him in the center lap belt. That also made it easier putting the little fella in and out of the car as I could sit on the side seat and lift him into the car seat.

The other thing is in my car i only had a rear center attachment in the parcel shelf,which meant i had to put him in the centre anyway. I dunno if all countries require the center attachment in the parcel shelf, but Australia does.

Comment

Working...
                                X