Who's using a Child Seat in their e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DunDeal07 View Post
    HI everyone sorry fo reserecting this back up but need some setup advise? I will soon need to take my son who is 10 months old to the babysitter and the only form of transport is my 89 coupe. I plan on putting him in the back in rear facing. I wanted to ask did guys put them in the middle with just the lap belt or passenger side with the regular belt? Thanks!
    Passenger side, regular belt. Both of mine are in forward facing seats now. Makes it MUCH easier to get them in and out of the back seat.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
      Passenger side, regular belt. Both of mine are in forward facing seats now. Makes it MUCH easier to get them in and out of the back seat.
      Thanks for the reply. I have to put him rear facing. And The fact that our seat belts don’t lock when you pull it all out make me wonder if the lap belt would be a better option. I just bought a Britax with the click tight and it is massive. What car seat did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by DunDeal07 View Post
        Thanks for the reply. I have to put him rear facing. And The fact that our seat belts don’t lock when you pull it all out make me wonder if the lap belt would be a better option. I just bought a Britax with the click tight and it is massive. What car seat did you use?
        Here's one of my posts from a few pages back....

Thread revival!

The E30s have ELR type retractors (Emergency Locking Retractors). This means that they will lock when yanked, but they won't ratchet/lock if you pull them ALL the way out and slowly feed them back in. You'll need a locking clip to make this a safe install:

https://csftl.org/when-to-use-a-locking-clip/
        Video: https://youtu.be/e2QKoVaHJAM

Comment

Here's one of my posts from a few pages back....

Video: https://youtu.be/e2QKoVaHJAM
          I have read every article and watched all videos and you have confirmed it all. I appreciate you take time to help me out.

Comment

I've now used rear facing, front facing and booster seats in my coupe. For rear facing I kept the seat in the middle because they are so big. I've always used Graco which are much smaller than Britax. For some reason Britax thinks everyone drives a suburban. Use the center belt for the forward facing car seat as well and then my son now in his booser uses the shoulder belt.
            Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
            COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Hi i am a mom with a 2,5 years old daughter my e30 is my daily and i had different child seats some Big ones that flip 360° dont remember the Brandt but they was realy Big and Sunshine (my daughter) had no legroom at all.
              now i got a cybex concord transformer T and its awsome its flat and easy to make the belt around even with little Space in the e30

Comment

Just realized my children are now ranging from 13 to 21 years old, and I have been posting about e30's since they were in diapers lol.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                X