hump on the floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hump on the floor

Im purchasing an 89 325ix and seen a hump behind the front passenger seat. When I lifted up some of the carpet the yellow cushioning was a little damp. I wasn't able to thoroughly inspect what was causing the hump or why it was damp underneath. Any one has seen this before?

here are some pics of the car, i tried to take a couple pics of the hump but its a little hard to see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	7233731

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	7233732

Name:	photo 3a.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	7233733

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	7233734

Name:	photo 5.jpg
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	7233735

Is it a normal shaped hump? It could have hit something and bent the floorboard and has a hole causing wetness

Comment

Originally posted by series88 View Post
      Is it a normal shaped hump? It could have hit something and bent the floorboard and has a hole causing wetness
      i wouldn't know what a normal hump would look like, its my first E30 but the other side doesn't have one. perhaps it may have been the floorboard. I believe underneath the car might have been bent up. I'll have to double check.

Comment

My buddy's ix didn't have that hump. I'd bet there's a dent in the floorboard there. I also believe there's a drain plug in that same area somewhere.

I was getting wet rear floorboards from a leaking sunroof drain as well as a bad seal around my rear windows. (I have a Coupe BTW)
        - Josh
        1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
        Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

pull up the back of the carpet and check it out, you should be able to lift up the rear of the carpet to peak under without taking out your seats,

goodluck
          sigpic
          Hans
          Drive Proper

Comment

Of I'm not mistaken my 86 e has bumps on both sides
            sigpic

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be about something else when I read the title...

Comment

I actually thought the thread would be about the tcase hump beside the driver seat, but now I dont know what is going on here.
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

hahaha yea. grab a hammer and hit the hump. it will go away
                  -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                  -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                  MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                  Got Drop?? ;-)
                  Originally posted by JinormusJ
                  But of course
                  E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

that carpet is so dirty it's probably worth pulling just so you can give it a good cleaning..
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by wikkid View Post
                      I thought this thread was going to be about something else when I read the title...
                      Originally posted by Northern View Post
                      I actually thought the thread would be about the tcase hump beside the driver seat, but now I dont know what is going on here.

Sorry if i was mistaken. I've seen humps or bumps on the floorboard behind the front seats before in another e30 but the owner could'nt tell me what it was from either.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        that carpet is so dirty it's probably worth pulling just so you can give it a good cleaning..
                        the whole interior needs a good cleaning the PO had a dog and really aint do much to keep the inside clean. I plan to get it shampooed and vaccumed thoroughly. I'll pull the rug back and let ya'll know what I see.

Comment

Ok, so I was able to remove the front passenger seat.
                          This was the "bump" on the floor I was referring to. I was able to step on it hard enough to make it flat again.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373434624.688322.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	7157526
                          However, this is what was underneath

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373434774.421718.jpg
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	7157527
                          Last edited by anonymous alias; 07-09-2013, 11:04 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH]73887[/ATTACH][ATTACH]73889[/ATTACH][ATTACH]73890[/ATTACH]

Comment

I'll sand it as best as I can but don't know how to patch up the holes.
                              probrably take it to a body shop?

Haven't found what the culprit is for the leak. I've done the water test in the 4 sunroof drains. The front comes out around the front tires and the back comes out between the rear side panels and the bumper. I don't have a pic yet but will post it soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X