Seats that give more head room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seats that give more head room?

Hopefully I'll get around to replacing my seats before summer comes. I'm tired of peeling myself of the vinyl seats, so I want cloth seats. I'm also around 6' 2", and something that would give a couple more inches of head room would be nice. How do sport seats compare to non-sport seats, and how do Corbeau seats like the A4, GTS, and TRS compare?
    Last edited by Scott314; 03-29-2006, 10:30 PM.

My fast says: traction control is for the faint of heart :evil:

Sport seats lower you dramatically from non-sports. Trust me.

Aftermarket seats depend on the brackets you use. My recaros sit higher than my sports if I use old tall brackets. But lowered ones from Wedge Engineering or Speedware Motorsports put my ass on the ground.

the quick, easy, and cheapest solution are sport seats from an E30.

Comment

fretburner, post. i know you can back me up.

i kinda miss my sport seats for the adjustability and comfort, but would have loved to have gone cloth with them.

Comment

Im 6'3 and rock vinyl sport seats with no headroom issues. Although if I was any taller itd be a problem.
        Back to my roots

Comment

You can also take/trim the foam center padding out of the bottom of the e30 sport seats. Its not really that uncomfortable I know some guys that do it to get some extra head room whith a helmet.
          1987 325is - sold
          2001 330i - New DD

Comment

What about dropping height even more than sport seats? Say some Cobra or Recaro fixed back seats. Any lower than sport seats? I'm 6'3-6'4', and with a helmet, it's uncomfortable.
            -Brandon
            '86 325es S50
            '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
            '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
            '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
            S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
              What about dropping height even more than sport seats? Say some Cobra or Recaro fixed back seats. Any lower than sport seats? I'm 6'3-6'4', and with a helmet, it's uncomfortable.
              recaro sport seats, speedware low mount and nonheight adjustable slider. that's LOW. everyone who sits in it looks like a little kid

Comment

I want some sparco's or recaro's but im a short guy 5'4". My stock sport seats fit me just fine but im afraid that if i go with some aftermarket ones i lose the height and adjustability my sport seats give me to get to my desired seat height. What should i do?

Comment

Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
                  Buy a Vert, put a roll bar in and then drop the top on race days. You have all the room in the world

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
                    fretburner, post. i know you can back me up.

i kinda miss my sport seats for the adjustability and comfort, but would have loved to have gone cloth with them.
                    sorry mang, didn't see this until now.

the sport seats gave me at least another 1-1.5" of headroom over my nonsports, but i still scrape my head on bumps sometimes (i sit with the seat damn near upright, and i've got a tall upper body)

i'm looking for replacements now as the frame sharted itself on the driver's sport seat, and local guys want $150 just to tear it down, let alone fix it.
                    Jay

Comment

hmm..
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando

hmm..
                        That's why I clicked too!

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

Charlie in Skafrog's car -

Would this work for you, Scott????

Current Cars
                          2014 M235i
                          2009 R56 Cooper S
                          1998 M3
                          1997 M3

Comment

houndstooth sport seats are my preference.

they are significantly lower, and hold you in pretty well for a stock seat. as well as being more comfy not peeling yourself off the vinyl lol
                            Originally posted by blunt
                            can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by nando

hmm..
                              LOL haha, i found the thread searching for seats... but this is much more interesting :)
                              Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X