Fold down rear seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fold down rear seats

I love the fold down rear seats in my e36 and I wish I could have them in my e30 sedan. Does anybody think it's possible to make it work? Would there be any negative effects from cutting out the panel that separates the trunk and the cabin? There's like a 1 in 100 chance I would even attempt to try this, but what are some thoughts?
    My Feedback

I would like to know this answer as well since the PO cut a bigger hole in mine for his 15" speaker. I am not going to cut the rest out for folding but curious how much it takes away from the rigidity.

I am thinking a decent amount because I remember my e46 back in the day with the non folding seats being more rigid then the ones with folding seats.

I plan on compensating with a rear strut bar.
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I've always wondered if touring seats would fit in a coupe/sedan
      My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Been wonderimg the same thing for a while. Anyone have pictures from an e30 wagon?

Comment

I can get some next time I'm at my dads place, but touring seats aren't going to come close to working in a coupe/sedan. E36 seats are honestly much more likely.
          My Garage
          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I have seen e36 rear seats in an e30. So that is a possibility. I don't know how the fold down mechanism works, but that does seem like the place to start.

you can find pics on google.

touring seats, it looks like the back is wider than the bottom. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E30-32...p2047675.l2557 so I don't know how all that would work. It looks like this is because it wraps around the C pillar.

AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
            X