Re-Upholstery Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-Upholstery Options

Hey guys so it seems like every e30 upholstery guy has stopped doing business, creative options went south and then out of business. I really wanted a Nine Stitch kit but he seems to have left the e30 scene. Tired contacting him and got no response.

Theres zoomzoomzooming on Ebay but after searching looks like his quailty is so so and reputation is bad so id rather not go that route either.

Anyone have any other recommendations? I want someone with experience doing e30s too or else i could easily go local.

Nine Stitch is still around, it just takes him forever to respond and has a list of people already waiting in line.
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

check out design-part on eBay ... he's doing my interior for me ... he's in germany so one needs to be patient ... however ... he's dependable & his quality & attention to detail is phenomenal & well worth the wait ... he wrapped my console for me ... & here are my front door cards/door pulls/map pockets for me that he just finished ...
      Attached Files
      '92 alpinweiss 5spd cabrio w/mtech appearance package & factory hardtop
      '95 alpinweiss 528iT
      '88 dodge ram 50 sport cab

Comment

Originally posted by ryan SF cabrio View Post
        check out design-part on eBay ... he's doing my interior for me ... he's in germany so one needs to be patient ... however ... he's dependable & his quality & attention to detail is phenomenal & well worth the wait ... he wrapped my console for me ... & here are my front door cards/door pulls/map pockets for me that he just finished ...
        How expensive is he?

Comment

well ... he's not cheap ... wrapped upper/lower console set me back 5, including console base & shipping ... doorcards/door pulls/map pockets & shipping pegged 12 ... & he supplies the dooryards/door pulls/map pockets to wrap so all you need to do is mount them when they come in ... you can then sell your old ones & recoup some bucks ...

quality makes it worth while ... he used italian napa leather on mine ... & he aims to please ... no static ... no attitude ... & he takes pride in his work ... it takes real skill to sew with contrasting thread because every potential flaw will be accentuated ... glad i saved up before diving in ... if i recall ... back seat/cushions run around 10 ... front seats a couple hundred more than the rear ... check him out on eBay &/or facebook for more pics of his work ...
          Attached Files
          '95 alpinweiss 528iT

Comment

That is nice!!!!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Very nice work! Has the full door panel been recovered? Is the center panel integrated into the door panel, or is it a separate piece placed over the center section?

Thanks, Cory
              1992 325i Cabrio
              1988 320i Touring
              2000 M5
              1977 530i
              2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
              BMWCCA
              E30CCA

Comment

thanks ... alex does incredible work ... unlike the factory lotusweiss vinyl, the door card is now lotusweiss napa leather & the insert is now silbergrau napa leather ... both colors read darker in pics ... & the insert with silver thread is attached to the door card ... the leather on the door pulls/armrest/map pockets is stitched with m thread to match the console
                '95 alpinweiss 528iT

Comment

I second (or third) Alex (Design-Part), he basically did most of my interior except the seats which Ninestitch did. Ninestitch is still around but he really backed up, it will be a while if you are waiting for him.

I havent installed the center console yet because of all the wiring and dash swap but I will get to that soon. The good thing is you can sell your old parts to make up some of the money because Alex gives you the whole part in the cost.

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Yeah ive seen design parts stuff and that quailty is just top notch! I found another person to make me a upholstery kit, im waiting to get the kit and ill post pics of it to let people know about the fit and finish.

Comment

Originally posted by S3RV1N View Post
                      Yeah ive seen design parts stuff and that quailty is just top notch! I found another person to make me a upholstery kit, im waiting to get the kit and ill post pics of it to let people know about the fit and finish.
                      Great looking forward to seeing it
                      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

FYI Kevin Chinn/ Creative Options is NOT gone/out of business. Just got my SRDs back yesterday, his work is second to none but you will have to be very patient due to health reasons. Shoot him an email at info@creativeoptions.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                          FYI Kevin Chinn/ Creative Options is NOT gone/out of business. Just got my SRDs back yesterday, his work is second to none but you will have to be very patient due to health reasons. Shoot him an email at info@creativeoptions.info
                          Out of curiosity, how long did you have to wait from the time you placed your order, and received it.. with Kevin Chinn?
                          '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                          '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Originally posted by fresh_TD View Post
                            Out of curiosity, how long did you have to wait from the time you placed your order, and received it.. with Kevin Chinn?
                            I know you weren't asking me, but I waited on him once for a year before cancelling my order. Had to threaten legal action to get my deposit back. Got talked into giving him another chance by a mutual friend. Waited another 6 months before cancelling again. Thankfully, no deposit that time. Others may disagree, but I consider Kevin to not only be slow but also dishonest.
                            1992 325i Cabrio
                            1988 320i Touring
                            2000 M5
                            1977 530i
                            2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                            BMWCCA
                            E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
                              I know you weren't asking me, but I waited on him once for a year before cancelling my order. Had to threaten legal action to get my deposit back. Got talked into giving him another chance by a mutual friend. Waited another 6 months before cancelling again. Thankfully, no deposit that time. Others may disagree, but I consider Kevin to not only be slow but also dishonest.
                              This is the reason why I was asking. I have friends that went through exactly what you went through. It's mind blowing that people still refer this guy. I don't care how good your work is, if you handle buisness like Kevin Chinn does, you don't get my buisness.
                              '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                              '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Working...
                              X