Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Seats wont recline to the front

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased these seats for my 325i coupe, and I'm bummed out because both seats won't recline all the way to the front, meaning no one will be able to go into the back seat lol.

However, I was told that maybe i got seats that were actually for a sedan?!! Is this true? Are E30 coupe and sedan front seats different in how they function? Do i need to get e30 coupe seats so that they can recline all the way to the front?

Yes, you have sedan seats. Yes, you need to get coupe seats.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Probably sedan seats. FYI, people can generally get in to the back if you slide the seat completely forward and recline the seat, but it's a hassle.

Comment

You can actually partially disassemble those and add the coupe seat functionality. There's probably a thread here about it.
        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Thanks everyone! Yeah unfortunately after doing some research, I did indeed need coupe seats, the ones i got were for a sedan.

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
          You can actually partially disassemble those and add the coupe seat functionality. There's probably a thread here about it.
          I actually was thinking of that! Going to the junkyard and getting the parts from a coupe, hopefully it's not too hard...hmmm to find that thread though.

Comment

pics? My sedan has coupe seats. Id consider the trade since youre local-ish. Depends onthe seats though
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
              Originally posted by e30mitch View Post
              ...hmmm to find that thread though.
              ;)

john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                pics? My sedan has coupe seats. Id consider the trade since youre local-ish. Depends onthe seats though
                Mine are black vinyls...they are in great condition..no rips/scratches..just need a good clean. I'm not sure why its not letting me upload pics, but text me and ill send you some- 323-443-4214...are yours black?

Comment

Originally posted by forcedfirebird View Post

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
                  Last edited by e30mitch; 03-05-2018, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Mine are tan... I would just mod them per forcedfirebirds write up.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Mine are tan... I would just mod them per forcedfirebirds write up.

Thanks, hopefully i don't messing anything up lol

Comment

Working...
                      X