Suede Pillers, Overhead panel, and Visors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suede Pillers, Overhead panel, and Visors

I guess this is a bit of teaser since I haven't taken any pictures yet. But I have to say, this is a very simple and cheap mod thats very worth while. I got the idea from the diy article on redoing the rear shelf. The only part of the whole mod that requires stiching is the actual visors, everything else just uses fabric glue just like from the factory.

Black Suede (2 yards): $4.75 on sale at Jo-ann fabrics
    Can of spray on fabric glue: ~$8.00

Dave

Oh and this mod uses a lot less then 2 yards... I just bought everything they had left b/c it was so cheap.

UPDATE... PICS:

Last edited by bimma360; 02-29-2008, 11:41 AM.
    E30 Dinan Turbo

pics? im not sold on how this would look
    e30sport.net
    '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
    '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
    '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
      pics? im not sold on how this would look
      I guess with like any cosmetic mod, this might be a matter of taste. I think it looks very sporty. I'll try and snap some quick pics tomorrow...

Dave
      E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

interested to see as well, I thought of buying new suede shift and e-brake boots, that could be a nice mod.
        344is! Obd1 conversion

sigpic

Comment

Id spray that suede with some kind of protector so it doesnt fade.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by bimma360 View Post
            I guess this is a bit of teaser since I haven't taken any pictures yet. But I have to say, this is a very simple and cheap mod thats very worth while. I got the idea from the diy article on redoing the rear shelf. The only part of the whole mod that requires stiching is the actual visors, everything else just uses fabric glue just like from the factory.

Black Suede (2 yards): $4.75 on sale at Jo-ann fabrics
            Can of spray on fabric glue: ~$8.00

Dave

Oh and this mod uses a lot less then 2 yards... I just bought everything they had left b/c it was so cheap.
            You mean ULTRA-SUEDE. ;) Real suede is significantly more expensive. Ultra suede is usually better though as it holds up to wear better and since it's usually thinner, it works better as a covering.

Comment

I know that all it said was suede on the label. I got it at 50% off the clearance price. Which is why I bought the last 2 yards. This sucker is thicker then some of the other stuff I saw... But it also has a thin layer of some sort of cotton blend on one side, which made it fantastic to use with the glue. Either way i got it at the home decor section, so I hope it doesn't fade too quickly.

As far as pics, I forgot my cam today so stay tuned till tomorrow.

Dave
              E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Go to another store, get more, cover your dash with it too and post pics!
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                  Go to another store, get more, cover your dash with it too and post pics!
                  You know what... i'm actually thinking of doing the door centers with it, but i'm not sure yet. As far as the dash, i dont know... that may be one of those "too much of anything good is not a good thing," or however that saying goes.

Dave
                  E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Pics are up... to the top.
                    E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

now you gotta do the dash and headliner...
                      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Yeah i want to do something with the headliner but i like the two tone effect. And i think that there may be such a thing as too much suede.
                        E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

nie look

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
                          I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
                          "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

that surprises me with how good it looks, nice work.
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

wow looks good.... i might have to steal you idea and give it a try
                              e30sport.net
                              '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                              '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                              '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Working...
                              X