Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't fit quite right with my mtech ii wheel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't fit quite right with my mtech ii wheel.

i'm 6' 3", with my airbag wheel, i had no problems sitting straight legged in my e30, (as in, my right leg being directly underneath the steering wheel, heading straight towards the pedals.) and still being able to sit comfortably with my arm at 12' with a slight bend in my elbow.

Since i removed my airbag wheel and installed my mtechii wheel, i could no longer sit like this and turn the wheel still. With my mtechii wheel, my right leg sits directly against the steering wheel, and if i want to turn, it a) rubs against my leg and b) my hand would collide with my leg during a turn.

my regular cloth seats are as low as they go, and moving them forwards and backwards doesn't help any.

My only solution is now, 90% of the time, my right leg leans against my center console area, and hits the pedals at a slight angle..

this obviously isn't good driving technique, and i was wondering if there's anything i can do about it.

do sport seats sit any lower?
    Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
    Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

i think you should sell me your m-tech ii wheel and everything will be solved.
    ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Originally posted by royalflush313
      dang, ya beat me to it!

Comment

actually, it wouldn't, because it was how much the airbag wheel stuck out that made it possible to sit properly :p

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzen
          actually, it wouldn't, because it was how much the airbag wheel stuck out that made it possible to sit properly :p
          Get a spacer made for it made from billet aluminum or thick, strong plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed88
            doesn't bug me enough to have something made like that :p and that would ruin the stock look of things.. if i got some seats that sat a little lower it would be perfect.. any solutions here?

Comment

I got the M-tech 1 and had your problem sort of. After messing around with the seat for a very long time, it works fine. My hand will go inbetween my leg and wheel if I turn that much, but it's not too bad.
              The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed88
                It wont change the stock look of anything.
                Originally posted by Gruelius
                and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

you could also get some sport seats, you can set them pretty low and adjust a hell of a lot more things than the stock ones. I'm 6'1 and I can pull my seat all the way forward and still have lots of room for my legs, even with the huge airbag wheel. in fact that's the posistion I autocross in, also helps keep me in seat a bit better. :)

there are always sport seats for sale, with wide ranging prices (and condition).
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
                    you could also get some sport seats, you can set them pretty low and adjust a hell of a lot more things than the stock ones. I'm 6'1 and I can pull my seat all the way forward and still have lots of room for my legs, even with the huge airbag wheel. in fact that's the posistion I autocross in, also helps keep me in seat a bit better. :)

there are always sport seats for sale, with wide ranging prices (and condition).

suuure there are :p

/me has been looking since july, although, i've been trying to find some in good condition

Comment

doesn't bug me enough to have something made like that :p and that would ruin the stock look of things..

That isn't that noticable.

Image credits to Gustave's E30 M3 website www.e30m3performance.com

Comment

Originally posted by riverdale21
                        doesn't bug me enough to have something made like that :p and that would ruin the stock look of things..

That isn't that noticable.

Image credits to Gustave's E30 M3 website www.e30m3performance.com
                        not to bad actually..

does anyone by any chance know the width of the bolt inside of the hub, so i can get some appropriately sized spacers to play with?

Comment

Different companies like Sparco and possibly Momo make spacers that will work. As far as the bolt diameter I am not really sure.

Comment

Originally posted by riverdale21
                            Different companies like Sparco and possibly Momo make spacers that will work. As far as the bolt diameter I am not really sure.
                            Hmm. whats the reccomended place for off-hand stuff like this?

Comment

Hmm. whats the reccomended place for off-hand stuff like this?
                              Any place that sells a lot of different car brands. I saw a lot of stuff at Nopionline.com they are mostly visited by ricers but they have the occasional decent part. Maybe even carparts.com I dunno. I can't really think of any right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X