Will e90 seats bolt on to a e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will e90 seats bolt on to a e30

Wondering if e90 front seats will bolt on a e30 Any help? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The front rail bolts will bolt up. However the two bolt holes in the rear will need a custom bracket as they are about 2 inches further away toward the rear of the car. In addition to that, the E90 seat has a auto shut down feature. So once the seats are wired, the controls will cease to work after 15 minutes or until the ignition is switched off and back on. If you want the controls to work always, you will need to supply a 5v or TTL signal the the data bus input wires for rx. This will keep it alive.

Sorry no pics of the mounting brackets for rear. They are just straight brackets to extend the holes 2 inches back.

Proof:
    Owner - Bavarian Restoration
    BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
    www.BavRest.com
    My Feedback Thread
    Our Facebook!
    Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
      The front rail bolts will bolt up. However the two bolt holes in the rear will need a custom bracket as they are about 2 inches further away toward the rear of the car. In addition to that, the E90 seat has a auto shut down feature. So once the seats are wired, the controls will cease to work after 15 minutes or until the ignition is switched off and back on. If you want the controls to work always, you will need to supply a 5v or TTL signal the the data bus input wires for rx. This will keep it alive.

Sorry no pics of the mounting brackets for rear. They are just straight brackets to extend the holes 2 inches back.

Proof:
      Sorry to revive an old thread but my front bolts just wont line up in the front, warped floorboards or do I need to whack it in more?
      Attached Files

Comment

Try contacting Matt @ Lown Performance. He makes a set of brackets to retro fit E90 seats to E30. Check Google. He is in Carolina.

Comment

So how does the seat line up when the front two holes are sort of bolted in like that? Like centerline of the seat to the wheel, arm room, etc?

Looks like all the seat kits including the Lown version shift the seats outboard so I'm wondering if that's because they're off-centre when installing into an e30.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

My seats are currently shifted outward. If I remember correctly (with my E92 seats), I put down a laser and lined up the bolt on the steering column and center of the seats as best I could.

The E9x and F32 seats I have the same mounting, but I never checked again with the laser. Let me try to get that information later tonight.

Massive Lee makes brackets as well.

Comment

Working...
            X