High Performance rear lights - Early E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump-

Please email me for a faster reply, it seems the forum will NOT notify me when there is a message in my inbox, sorry!

(Anyone who can help me fix that, please get in touch)

darvo-
    Please get in touch, love to help you with that LED setup (post #23, re: your visitor message of some time ago)!
    Last edited by Mo Brighta; 10-02-2012, 12:34 PM. Reason: typos
    Andy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
    Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.
    Tail Light Improvements keep them off your tail.
    Headlight protection saves headlights from breakage.

Comment

I'm back on the board, anyone interested in better rear light before winter sets in?

(BTW, price is lower, now that I have more experience building these up.)

Who is going to be the first to ask the obvious question?
      Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.

Comment

So how much for a set of these now?

Comment

How much are they, you ask?

Originally posted by compactdan View Post
          So how much for a set of these now?
          Well, since you asked, I just made an offer to John ("Bearmw" on this forum, "foolish" on the mye28 forum) for one third off original price of $99. As I expected, experience has made it easier and faster to mod these lights, so I am doing what I can to 'stimulate the economy' and get them in to E30s the world over.

Current price is $65 a pair, which includes one dual filament high output bulb with the mods, based on an exchange with your rear covers. $75 a pair core charge, refunded with the return of your covers.

Additional high output bulbs at similar low prices- $31 for a set of ten HO bulbs for tail (2), brake (2), turn (4), and reverse light (2) locations. $35 if you have center brake light ('86 and newer).

Sorry for the delay, for some reason I don't receive notification when a topic is replied, or a PM is sent. I guess I gotta browse the forum more often!

Andy

Comment

Andy I sent you a pm.
            Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Anybody have the OP's email address?

http://www.arghon.com/

Comment

LEDs i made...stock on right, mine on left. Boom

Comment

LEDs you made - Rockin!

Hey,
                  Looks like stock on the left, LEDs on the right. ???

How much $ are the LED light strips, how many are there ?
                  Could you put them in more than just the two locations ?
                  Did you have to cut out parts of the lenses to fit them in ?
                  Do you make them for sale to other members ?
                  How much $$$ for a set ?
                  Can you post pics of the lens and back with the LED setup?
                  thx

Comment

email - upgrades

Originally posted by boomer View Post
                    Anybody have the OP's email address?
                    I think when you click the user name, you get a menu that includes 'send an email'. Any way, it's 'MoBrighta' at Comcast (dot net).

Rich has the newest set of these upgraded lights, maybe he'll post pics and feedback on his experience with them after he gets them installed in his face-lifted cabrio ? ? ?

Any interest in 2002 lights? I just did four sets of these - three round, one square - for folks over at the "bmw2002faq.com" forum.

No, absolutely nothing is safe from my Evil Scientist's mind when I get a mind to supplement stock lights with more bulbs, brighter bulbs, safer lights.
                    Last edited by Mo Brighta; 11-18-2013, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo Brighta View Post
                      I think when you click the user name, you get a menu that includes 'send an email'. Any way, it's 'Threeoctaves' at Comcast (dot net).

Rich has the newest set of these upgraded lights, maybe he'll post pics and feedback on his experience with them after he gets them installed in his face-lifted cabrio ? ? ?

Any interest in 2002 lights? I just did four sets of these - three round, one square - for folks over at the "bmw2002faq.com" forum.

No, absolutely nothing is safe from my Evil Scientist's mind when I get a mind to supplement stock lights with more bulbs, brighter bulbs, safer lights.
                      No problem Andy,I'll post a few pics.

Comment

Hi guys,

I am restoring a 1990 E30 2dr. It is just about ready for paint. I need new rear tail lights. I was looking for all red or red/smoked rear tail lights with LEDs. Can you help me?
                        Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by boomer View Post
                          No problem Andy,I'll post a few pics.
                          Taillights with brake lights off;

Taillights with brake lights on;

Comment

Smoked tails question

Originally posted by bobbyv323 View Post
                            Hi guys,

I am restoring a 1990 E30 2dr. It is just about ready for paint. I need new rear tail lights. I was looking for all red or red/smoked rear tail lights with LEDs. Can you help me?
                            Thank you
                            BobbyV-
                            I have a set of late E30 rear lights, smoked top to bottom, are you still looking, still interested? Can sell as lenses only, or full setup with High Output bulbs and plenty of them - so you at least have a fighting chance of being seen and not hurt.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hey i have a 1989 325ic and my passenger tail light is out(bad connection, previous owners pathetic attempt to keep it together) so i have been looking online to find a replacement or a new set a tail lights together. I came across this and i hope you still sell tail lights!
                              thank you
                              -Ian

Comment

Tail Light Loss, Replacement

Originally posted by Ib1043 View Post
                                Hey i have a 1989 325ic and my passenger tail light is out(bad connection, previous owners pathetic attempt to keep it together) so i have been looking online to find a replacement or a new set a tail lights together. I came across this and i hope you still sell tail lights!
                                thank you
                                -Ian
                                3 October - Updated.

Yes Ian, I can help you out.

I have a right side complete, but if your lens is OK, you may just need the back half with the bulbs. I have those too, the following options:

> Stock- plug and play, nothing special, just works like it did;

> High Output- includes new brighter modern bulbs, one or all;

> Upgraded- with an extra tail and brake light inside, for a bigger, brighter, and more reliable light. This options is best installed as a pair, both sides. Includes at least two high output bulbs each side, more if you want.

Email or PM at your convenience

Andy
                                Last edited by Mo Brighta; 10-05-2013, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X