High Performance rear lights - Early E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenses available for 89 325ic

Here are two dusty old lenses, top is early and convertible, bottom is later style.
    Let me know which you need

I have both, can upgrade both as well, to help avoid the sickening 'crunch' sound when some one's front bumper finds your back bumper because your brakes work better than theirs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	early-late-lenses.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	7160788
    Last edited by Mo Brighta; 10-05-2013, 12:22 PM.
    Andy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
    Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.
    Tail Light Improvements keep them off your tail.
    Headlight protection saves headlights from breakage.

Comment

Bump it up...

Still doing these lights, if anyone wants to at least have a fighting chance out there, I am happy to build you a set.

It is coming into winter season in the northern hemisphere, lights are on more time, plus the roads get wet and slushy more, flinging more crap on to the lenses of all lights on the car, front and rear. Keep them clean, at least, and replace the lamps with High Output bulbs -- nickel base only!

Christmas is coming ... Hannukah too - anybody been thinking about a gift for your baby?

Any E21 threes out there? The same kind of improvements are possible with them, too.
      Last edited by Mo Brighta; 11-23-2013, 06:34 PM. Reason: spelling
      Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.

Comment

Hey there. I like what you are doing here, but I don't want to use my current tail housings, some of the sockets are rusty. I already replaced the gaskets. What would it cost for some nice ones modified by you? And are you doing LED ones or just the standard? The car is a 4/87 325i.

Comment

Rusty Sockets

Originally posted by usualdeviant View Post
          Hey there. I like what you are doing here, but I don't want to use my current tail housings, some of the sockets are rusty. I already replaced the gaskets. What would it cost for some nice ones modified by you?
          Not too much, I have several sets of nice back covers here, I am happy to use a good one to install the upgrades. I would add $25 per, for back housing parts, sound affordable? Or if you find a spare set for less, send them and I'll do it for normal price, 89/pair with a pair of HO brake bulbs.

And are you doing LED ones or just the standard? The car is a 4/87 325i.
          Just bulbs, but the high output versions (45 versus 32 cp). Nickel base, of course, as required by BMW. Even without LEDs, they are brighter by a factor of at least 2, also twice as big, and many times more reliable.

Just curious about the sockets in your lights that are rusty -- do they have brass base bulbs in them, or silvery (nickel) base? If brass are used, that may explain some of the rust. Southern or humid climates may also be a factor.

Send me a PM if you want, I'll let you know what I have in stock and give you a choice.
          Last edited by Mo Brighta; 02-28-2015, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Only $89 (+$50) for the pair? Loaded with the upgraded bulbs and everything? Plus shipping? Oh and I am not certain if they ever had brass bulbs in them but currently nickels are installed. I have a hunch it had something to do with water getting in through the old gaskets/seals. What do you mean with a pair of high output bulbs? Does that mean those are the only ones I get or are those just extra? I'll definitely PM you when I'm ready to get it done.

Comment

What do you get for ...

Only $89 (+$50) for the pair? Loaded with the upgraded bulbs and everything? Plus shipping? Oh and I am not certain if they ever had brass bulbs in them but currently nickels are installed. I have a hunch it had something to do with water getting in through the old gaskets/seals. What do you mean with a pair of high output bulbs? Does that mean those are the only ones I get or are those just extra? I'll definitely PM you when I'm ready to get it done.
              $89 includes the following:
              > Reengineering the bulb carrier (back cover) to acommodate the dual filament bulb conversion.
              > 2 dual filament High Output (HO) bulbs for a second tail and second brake light on each side.
              > Illustrated Installation Instructions to accomodate a fifth bulb.
              > Instructions for changing the dual filament bulb if/when it fails (years down the road).
              > Serial number tied to Your Car's VIN for traceability, upgrades, trouble shooting, and future customer support.
              > Free technical support during the time you own the upgraded lights.
              > Satisfaction Guarantee.

For maximum benefit from these upgrades, I recommend three things:

1- Clean the lenses when installing these or any bulbs, for maximum output whatever the light source.

2- Install complementary HO bulbs in all critical lights that you want others to see- brakes, tails, turn signals come to mind... and don't forget the center brake light in the window (trunk lid on convertibles).

3- Purchase a spare bulbs kit for replacement bulbs in the event one fails, which I think some guy called Murphy has a hand in.

Hope this helps clarify things, and I look forward to helping you 'Be Seen, and Not Hurt' with my E30 'Plus Four' upgrade!

Comment

Nice. Nice. I'll give you some business hopefully soon!

Comment

Looks like a great deal. Still avail?

Comment

Hi-Perf Lights

Originally posted by makeshift View Post
                    Looks like a great deal. Still avail?
                    Affirmative, getting ready to ship a pair tomorrow.

Nice. Nice. I'll give you some business hopefully soon!
                    Is it soon enough yet?
                    Last edited by Mo Brighta; 01-20-2015, 08:53 AM.

Comment

You want ANOTHER set?

Well, two years ago I sold a set of high perf. lights with the "Plus Four" upgrades to 'ja burna' for his '89 325i cabriolet, and now he wants another for his spare set. Nothing wrong with that... I'm glad to help.

I can definitely do this conversion faster these days, having had some experience doing it (and don't tell anyone, but he gets the repeat customer 'Good Guy Discount' with the deal).

Anyone else? It's SPRING, and we love to drive in the spring, right?

Good- High Output bulbs in stock sockets. Adds +33% brake, turn, and reverse light output; +67% tail light output ($55 for 9 bulbs). If you have tinted / smoked lenses, YOU NEED THESE.

Better- Double the Tail ($49/pair) or Brake lights ($59/pair) with HO bulbs for Mo Brighta Mo Betta tails or brakes; more reliable too!

Best- Double the Tail AND Brake lights with the "Plus Four" conversion and upgrade to totally awsome, $89 with 2 HO bulbs, extra for other bulbs you may want. Twice as much 'red' when you drive and stop, three times the output (with HO tail / brake bulbs), infinitely more reliable. *

* Warning - Possibility of burning retinas in drivers following too closely :devil: (statement not yet verified by the AMA). At least you'll wake them up with the bright-red-ness they didn't expect to see. All plus shipping. $60 core charge if daily driver -- I ship lights to you; you install; return your old ones to me, and get your core charge refunded.

Happy Spring Driving!
                      Last edited by Mo Brighta; 06-28-2015, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Bump-
                        Still getting questions about these upgrade lights, still doing it.

Update- I have a couple sets with the built-in 'trunk light feature' that I am offering at a slightly higher price, but hey, you're worth it. They have a translucent panel in the back over the parking light which is turned sideways to shine both fwd and aft. They light the trunk at night when the parking or main lights are on; kind of nice, don't you think?

May I build a set for you???

Comment

Still blinding folks? If so, I'm in need.

Comment

Thanks for the left-handed compliment ?

Originally posted by doglegleft View Post
                            Still blinding folks? If so, I'm in need.
                            OK, yes I am, love to help.
                            What year is the car? hard top or 'vert?
                            Any other issues besides general need to improve light output?

Let's get in touch by email, I'll explain the options, get your preferences and set up a schedule for the work.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Mo Brighta View Post
                              OK, yes I am, love to help.
                              What year is the car? hard top or 'vert?
                              Any other issues besides general need to improve light output?

Let's get in touch by email, I'll explain the options, get your preferences and set up a schedule for the work.

Andy
                              Thanks, Andy. You've got mail.

Comment

Fall is near, it's getting dark earlier every day!

Originally posted by colorado_cabrio View Post
                                Hey Guys - As a customer of Andy's e30 kit I can highly recommend it. Simply amazing the difference it makes (the light is even more noticeable in person).

Install take less than 10 minutes.

Jump on this ...
                                -Cheers
                                Brent
                                OK, Labor day has passed, it's getting close to Fall. This means less daylight every day -- it's getting dark earlier each night, and staying dark later in the morning ...

Perfect time to increase your visual profile, and keep the idiots away from your back bumper.

I am happy to build a second pair of upgraded high output tail lights for Brent, a 'beta-test' customer in 2010. He seems quite happy with the rear lights on his cabriolet, and is now asking for another pair - "the car this time is a 1988 e30 325i convertible."

Anyone else ready to "be seen, and not hurt?"

Still doing this for all the E30s out there. Love to build you a pair. Look over the pictures posted on page 1, then send me an email or a pm, or post a question on the thread.

Be safe out there!

Comment

Working...
                                X