Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finishing off the trunk setup, finally. (new pics added)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW BMXER
    replied
    Dynamat is heavy (unless its extreme) and didn't do much for me. I think the foam did more.

As for the foam shrinking thats sorta weird. I have heard of spray foam buckling things but never shrinking.

Leave a comment:

• Hubbert
    replied
    Ask around your local Stereo shop Jordan ! Ive heard of a couple installs gone wrong from spray foam ! You would be much better off with a product like Dynamat or Brown Bread... Just my 2 cents.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    Yes its expanding foam, and I've never heard of it shrinking and squeeking.

Leave a comment:

• Hubbert
    replied
    Great stuff , what's that ? not that expanding spray foam I hope ! It tends to dry up, shrink, then sqweek like hell with any little body movment ...

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    When I get around to it I will paint the port satin black (same paint as the shadowline) but its been too cold and rainy lately.

The rear deck is some random black material that I liked from Jo-Ann's No sound deadening, thinking about filling the void in the rear deck with great stuff, it vibrates a little (makes no noise)

Leave a comment:

• Hubbert
    replied
    Headliner looks real good , Wow suede nice ! rear deck looks good but big shiney port looks out of place , ( flat black maybe ?, or cover right over with mystery material , by the way is it speeker fuzz ? ) Did you use any kind of sound deadening ?...
    PS. checked your ride out on CarDomain, WTF only 4 stars, I gave it a couple votes !

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    Originally posted by DSchultz325e
    holy schnikes that port install on the fabbed rear shelf looks ridiculously clean. what did you use for the rear shelf? 3/4 mdf bolted onto the sheet metal or something else?...

and is it suede? :P
    The rear deck is fiberglass stretched over a thin MDF skeleton. The headliner is suede, but the rear deck is something else.

Leave a comment:

• Jarvis
    replied
    Jesus christ. Do you do anything wrong? I cannot find a single thing I dislike about your car. Maybe that it's not mine, but that's about it.

You really have a talent for customizing just about anything that goes on/in a car.

Leave a comment:

• DSchultz325e
    replied
    holy schnikes that port install on the fabbed rear shelf looks ridiculously clean. what did you use for the rear shelf? 3/4 mdf bolted onto the sheet metal or something else?...

and is it suede? :P

Leave a comment:

• Spaz
    replied
    looks great man, i like the port, very clean.

Leave a comment:

• BMW BMXER
    replied
    Originally posted by NC325iC
    lost

Leave a comment:

• parkerbink
    replied
    Amazing does not adequately praise the work you do! I wish I could do 1/2 as good work as yours. The trunk looks like it came from the factory like that.

Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• NC325iC
    replied
    lost

Leave a comment:

• BMW BMXER
    replied
    Originally posted by Digitalwave
    Looks awesome.

It's hard to tell from the depth of the pics; are the amps recessed or are they mounted ontop of the false backpanel?

What was your method for forming the corners of the false panel to the sides of the carpet, and where did you get the carpet you used for the false panel?
    Heres one way (the way I used) tape a pencil to an allen key. So that the pencil is on the short end. Of the allen key so as if you were holding it the pencil would be writing on where what you have to loosen or tighten is.

Then follow the handle around the contours of whatever you need to do and have the pencil write on a cardboard template as you do it. I don't know if any of that made sense, if it didn't I will bust out paint skills.

Leave a comment:

• hamann318is
    replied
    I love that setup. Someday I'll do audio. Someday.

Clean, awesome, envious of it. :up:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X