Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finishing off the trunk setup, finally. (new pics added)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan
    replied
    Originally posted by royalflush313
    how is the false panel attached?
    Just that one 10mm bolt in the pictures. L bracket bolts up to the underside of the rear deck metal.

Easy to take off?
    Just 1 bolt.
    Do you have any final pics of the box without the false panel, and the rear deck?
    Nope.

Leave a comment:

• royalflush313
    replied
    haha now I know exactly why you didnt want the lukas bar, your trunk looks much nicer than my trunk ;)

Jordan, how is the false panel attached? Easy to take off? Do you have any final pics of the box without the false panel, and the rear deck?

Leave a comment:

• Jand3rson
    replied
    Holy fucking badass, Batman.

Jordan, you've really outdone yourself this time. I can't wait to get over there again and hear it.

Leave a comment:

• DanGillan
    replied
    that's a hot setup, good work, if i ever did a sub, i only hope it would come out that nicely :up:

Leave a comment:

• FrustratedMunky
    replied
    How do you know how to do all this hands-on work? All hands-on practice? I'd love to do all the work that you do, but I don't have the knowledge for it.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    Originally posted by Brew
    I'm assuming you tore out the old rear deck and replaced it with a custom fabbed piece, right?
    Yeah.

Originally posted by Brew
    is it just for your own listening pleasure?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Brew
    replied
    Kick ass.

I'm assuming you tore out the old rear deck and replaced it with a custom fabbed piece, right?

Planning on entering any SQ competitions or is it just for your own listening pleasure?

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    Only thing that I still want to do is replace the mounting screws on the amps. In the first picture you can see the silver screw heads shinning between the heatsink fins. I have some black ones I'm going to replace them with.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    The amps are mounted to the back face of the sub box.

The false panel mounts around the amps about 1.5 inches from the back face of the sub box. So yes the amps are definately recessed. They are like 2inches thick.

I made cardboard templates and cut them to fit the contour of the carpet. I would test fit, snip snip, test fit, snip some more etc until it fit pretty good.

I then transfered those templates with known measurements to the 1/4 hardboard and cut it all out. Adjustments were then made to the hardboard panel until it fit snug everywhere.

I then wrapped it in carpet with 3M Super 77 spray adheasive. Carpet was obtained from a local stereo shop. Standard issue trunk carpet, most places should have it.

Leave a comment:

• Digitalwave
    replied
    Looks awesome.

It's hard to tell from the depth of the pics; are the amps recessed or are they mounted ontop of the false backpanel?

What was your method for forming the corners of the false panel to the sides of the carpet, and where did you get the carpet you used for the false panel?

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    Jordan, where did you learn to do all these things? Because I would say that your car looks more professional than most professionally done cars.
    I dunno. I just do shit, and it turns out good. Else I redo it.

It's always been that way.

Leave a comment:

• royalflush313
    replied
    Jordan, where did you learn to do all these things? Because I would say that your car looks more professional than most professionally done cars.

However, I hate your car, I think it sucks, I think that the new stereo system sucks, who the fuck gets a single 10" sub? Get couple 12s at least, and 1500watts at least. Your system doesn't even have any plexiglass or neons.

I'm so jealous, you have pretty much everything that I want on my car.

:D

Leave a comment:

• Mot
    replied
    Ya i dunno what i sounds like now, but last weekend it sounded extremly clear and very very nice..... it made me so freakin jealous and thats only with front speakers no rears and a small sub in a very nicely made box. Jordan screw you and your damn nice car! 8)

Leave a comment:

• peteM3power
    replied
    Looks to be a very clean install (like the whole car :D ) and looks fantastic. Can't wait to see more pics in the light.

Pete

Leave a comment:

• DSchultz325e
    replied
    now that you have a clean-looking install you can get ahold of pbmw :o . the carpet looks just fine. i'm picky about things like you, but as far as those pics go I don't see anything wrong at all. nice work.

btw it's kind of hard to tell. how exactly did you mount those? are they flush or is there an angled recess (thats what it looks like to me)?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X