Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finishing off the trunk setup, finally. (new pics added)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks awesome.

It's hard to tell from the depth of the pics; are the amps recessed or are they mounted ontop of the false backpanel?

What was your method for forming the corners of the false panel to the sides of the carpet, and where did you get the carpet you used for the false panel?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

The amps are mounted to the back face of the sub box.

The false panel mounts around the amps about 1.5 inches from the back face of the sub box. So yes the amps are definately recessed. They are like 2inches thick.

I made cardboard templates and cut them to fit the contour of the carpet. I would test fit, snip snip, test fit, snip some more etc until it fit pretty good.

I then transfered those templates with known measurements to the 1/4 hardboard and cut it all out. Adjustments were then made to the hardboard panel until it fit snug everywhere.

I then wrapped it in carpet with 3M Super 77 spray adheasive. Carpet was obtained from a local stereo shop. Standard issue trunk carpet, most places should have it.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Only thing that I still want to do is replace the mounting screws on the amps. In the first picture you can see the silver screw heads shinning between the heatsink fins. I have some black ones I'm going to replace them with.

Comment

Kick ass.

I'm assuming you tore out the old rear deck and replaced it with a custom fabbed piece, right?

Planning on entering any SQ competitions or is it just for your own listening pleasure?
          '91 318is
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brew
            I'm assuming you tore out the old rear deck and replaced it with a custom fabbed piece, right?
            Yeah.

Originally posted by Brew
            is it just for your own listening pleasure?
            Yes.

Comment

How do you know how to do all this hands-on work? All hands-on practice? I'd love to do all the work that you do, but I don't have the knowledge for it.
              '91 E30 M42 DIAMANTSCHWARZ

Comment

that's a hot setup, good work, if i ever did a sub, i only hope it would come out that nicely :up:
                Dan

Comment

Holy fucking badass, Batman.

Jordan, you've really outdone yourself this time. I can't wait to get over there again and hear it.

Comment

haha now I know exactly why you didnt want the lukas bar, your trunk looks much nicer than my trunk ;)

Jordan, how is the false panel attached? Easy to take off? Do you have any final pics of the box without the false panel, and the rear deck?
                    ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Originally posted by royalflush313
                      how is the false panel attached?
                      Just that one 10mm bolt in the pictures. L bracket bolts up to the underside of the rear deck metal.

Easy to take off?
                      Just 1 bolt.
                      Do you have any final pics of the box without the false panel, and the rear deck?
                      Nope.

Comment

I love that setup. Someday I'll do audio. Someday.

Clean, awesome, envious of it. :up:
                        The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                          Looks awesome.

It's hard to tell from the depth of the pics; are the amps recessed or are they mounted ontop of the false backpanel?

What was your method for forming the corners of the false panel to the sides of the carpet, and where did you get the carpet you used for the false panel?
                          Heres one way (the way I used) tape a pencil to an allen key. So that the pencil is on the short end. Of the allen key so as if you were holding it the pencil would be writing on where what you have to loosen or tighten is.

Then follow the handle around the contours of whatever you need to do and have the pencil write on a cardboard template as you do it. I don't know if any of that made sense, if it didn't I will bust out paint skills.

Sold it.

Comment

lost
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Amazing does not adequately praise the work you do! I wish I could do 1/2 as good work as yours. The trunk looks like it came from the factory like that.

Thanks for sharing!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC
                                lost

Sold it.

Comment

Working...
                                X