No announcement yet.

E30 Audio Overhaul - My Project Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Luke. Shit what amps, besides Mcintosh, haven't been outsourced?

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post

Can you please explain a little more about how you mounted this. Did you cut the side of the speaker and make a bracket or something?

Comment

Hmm, sorry about the super late response.

I had some scraps of 20ga steel sheetmetal laying around. I snipped off some pieces, bent them & JB-Weld'ed them onto the HVAC panel at the right depth to get the CD43 flush & straight. You need to make darn sure that all oils & stuff are off of the HVAC panel plastic, and maybe rough it up with some 100 grit sandpaper to get a reasonable bond (do the same for the metal too). I also locked a nut onto the threaded post on the back of the head unit (to provide a "catch" for a zip tie) and then reached through the glove box to zip tie the post to the metal bracket back there. So far so good!

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

So, you're officially the smartest dude on r3v.
          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Haha, thanks. I don't think it is a case of that so much as being lucky to have access to lots of tools, though (and free time). NOT owning a TV frees up a ridiculous amount of time, even when working full-time!

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

I'm looking into a neat audio setup for when I finish my touring. This has me thinking maybe I should steer away from car audio (I'm on a budget) even if I haven't a clue about what's going on in here :mrgreen: I might start a thread here later as there's good knowledge on here.

Comment

Excellent read! What was the fix for the skipping and whining noise?

Comment

Working...
                X