Acceptable Home Stereo Amp
Collapse
X
-
No, just temporary garbage until I can build something good.
I am gonna do a gigantic HT system: 2) 12" woofers on 500ish RMS, 6) 6" woofers, 12) 3" ,ids and a pair of tweets up front. I am gonna build it as 2 huge towers with a shelf in between them. The shelf will hold the TV (cheap-o 42" Plasma now, 50" plasma soon) and the shelf will have 4) 3" mids and a tweeter, then the 2) 6" will be in the main cabinets.
What this means is 2X6", 4X3" and a tweet for the damn center channel! Same for left and right, all in kind of a swoopy modern-ish style. Gonna weigh about 6 tons!Leave a comment:
-
Harman Kardon ain't too bad. Though now they aren't as good as they used to be? Correct?
I love how HK underrates their wattage outputs. Haha they say 80 a channel but it's really like 150 :)
Are the Jamos in a custom enclosure?Leave a comment:
-
junk. HK 6.1 HT reciever, samsung DVD/SACD/DVDA, Jamo speakers.Leave a comment:
-
Oh thanks. Yeah the H/K is pretty cool.
The Marantz stuff is very ice to look at, reminds me a bit of Mcintosh.Leave a comment:
-
Once upon a time, Technics was "High End Panansonic"...so, superb SQ, great build quality, blah blah blah.
Pretty much anything before 1980 was excellent...but I would rather have the H/K.
The champagne colored stuff from the 80's kicked ass too.Leave a comment:
-
Hey what about the Technics or Marantz from that time frame.
I love the 1970's styling, but I have NO CLUE what Technics/Marantz models are on this HK's level.
Help?Leave a comment:
-
A few years ago I was at a tag sale and there was one of those old 200W a ch Realistic receivers for 50 bucks. I didn't need it so I passed. Went back later in the afternoon when I came to my senses and it was gone.
JohnLeave a comment:
-
Oh, BTW: I do believe that reciever has "pre in/out" jacks...basically a loop between the pre amp stage and the power stage.
What this means is that you can add an electronic crossover and a separate amp for your subwoofer, down the road.Leave a comment:
-
Sorry, didn't see your post.
Jump on that 330 or let me know where I can.
That, my man, is golden shit.
Now find a HK turntable!Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: