Yeah just my 75w rates RMS JBL's in my room. Haha no PA crap or anything. Umm yes just integrated amp, I a not running any video connections or such through it.
That ADCOM stuff is spendy. Remember under $200.. Im only 15 :)
Acceptable Home Stereo Amp
Collapse
X
-
you mean integrated amp or receiver?
I was gonna say adcom or hafler, but it sounds like you want volume controls and such. Old marantz stuff is the bomb for that, if it is driving dorm room/garage type of old school speakers.Leave a comment:
-
I think I am going to jump on it, everything I have read is satisfactory, and it seems push good wattage. Haha it's like an E30, built like a tank!Leave a comment:
-
Hey Luke, what about an old Harman Kardon 330C? Found one on CL for $100
Also the guy is selling these:
YAMAHA CR-640, JVC R-S55, JVC R-K10, JVC VR-5511, JVC JR-S201, PIONEER SX-424,434,535,737,650, TOSHIBA SA-420,
TECHICS SA-5170 & SA-505, KENWOOD KR-3600 & KR-7400, NIKKO NR-320, SHERWOOD S-7210, HARMAN KARDON 330C,
FISHER RS-2010, CONCEPT 6.5. & ADVENT MODEL 300.
Any thoughts? This HK is B.A.Leave a comment:
-
Warm tubelike sound? Says who? The 2216 was one of the harshest, grainiest piles of shit ever made by Marantz. I will take any Technics of that same era over that thing any day.
Find yourself an old Tandberg, you will be OK for life.Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment:
-
Yup just basic two channel stereo setup. My Dad just bought this Sherwood (I think thats the name). It was $100 and replaced his 20 year old JVC, it's fairly nice. It doesn't push the wattage Im interested in though. Because I might run the speakers A and speakers B thing eventually, so I need a powerful amp.
Thanks for the insight, I would never buy a Yamaha.Leave a comment:
-
I have had a Harmon Kardon for about 13-14 years. When I switched to 7.1 I moved the HK to the garage and it still works great. The yamaha that I replaced it with lasted about 2 years, I now have a Denon for my 7.1 and it works great. It seeems like you are doing basic two chanel, I think the HK will serve you well.Leave a comment:
-
Something like this is what I had in mind: http://cgi.ebay.com/Harman-Kardon-33...item2a0775bb3bLeave a comment:
-
Acceptable Home Stereo Amp
Hey guys, my current audio setup in my room is desperately in need of a new amp.
I have a pair of JBL L810's hooked up to an OLD Sony TA-AX285 I picked up at the thrift store. I have no idea how many watts the amp is pushing, but my guess is probably 60 Watts Max. I never go over half power though so yeah.
The amp was working great when I first got it, but now it is on the fritz. The connectors in the back are of the clamp variety, so I always get a bad ground and have to smack it, etc. And now when you even barely bump it sends a terrible high pitched shriek to the speakers (it's instantaneous though). I love the look of the amp, no digital screens, a manual eq, all that good stuff. But I really need something new.
Any ideas for a sub $200 replacement. I have been thinking about a Harman Kardon bought directly from the JBL eBay factory refurb store (also where I bought my speakers).
Any suggestions? I dont really need any of that 5.1 surround shit.Tags: None

Leave a comment: