Acceptable Home Stereo Amp

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 5Toes
    replied
    Cool. Yeah the people are very very nice

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackSpeed66
    replied
    ^ That's a good site. I'm a member under the same name on there as well

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    May want to look at - http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=302778

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Do it!

    Leave a comment:


  • Gooch
    replied
    I have the opportunity to pick up an HK 430 for $50...I'm so tempted.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Oh your welcome guys.

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackSpeed66
    replied
    Just browsing on that auction site...

    There's a nice looking 630 and 730 for reasonable prices. I think these have more power than the 330. I saw a 330c on there as well. Go get you one!

    I would kill to have a Citation 16 power amp in my collection. I've got a pair of JBL L166's that would sound amazing hooked up to it

    Leave a comment:


  • M3 euro ltw
    replied
    My wife's gonna kill me...

    5Toes, whomever you are...

    Thanks for lighting a fire...

    I just picked up a 7600 off ebay for just over $350.

    These babies retailed for close to $1800 back in 1987, if you consider the rate of inflation, that is just nuts....

    This will go in the garage for a secondary system... been dying to do this for a while, man, prices have dropped, or I got lucky. Last time I went looking for one of these, I got outbid several times in the 500+ ranges...

    No way on earth you can touch this piece for 2 channel sound with ANYthing available new today. Yeah, yeah, I know, it doesn't do HDMI and surround sound, but its so far from midfi, its nuts.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Damn thats nice.

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackSpeed66
    replied
    The old H/K x30 pieces are pretty solid. My grandpa has a 930 I'd love to get my hands on. That was the flagship unit of the time (excluding the Citation stuff) I have a component setup of the same era (separate tuner & amp) that borrows a lot of pieces from the x30 series. It's a T403/A402 combo...

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    Originally posted by stumble_t
    Check out the Onkyo tx-8211
    great receiver that can drive low impedance loads at a CHEAP price
    I have one of those, and 8511? as well. They work and work and work and work.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    If you wanna consider something radically different, you could do a couple of those "Class T" amps, like bi-amp your main speakers, and find a cool old school pre-amp (eg: Hafler 101) if you wanted WAY better sonics and were willing to put up with some hassle finding it...

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Alrighty then.

    Leave a comment:


  • M3 euro ltw
    replied
    Google it



    For example...

    google 7175 spec and I bet you find a spec sheet quickly...

    Really, the 75 watts per channel did transiently cover close to 300, no joke, but just for short bursts..., all you need for bass drums etc..

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    So how are NAD models named? They seem great, but not visually.

    Im having a hard time finding a NAD model history

    Leave a comment:

Working...