Acceptable Home Stereo Amp

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by 5Toes
    What amp are you planning one using?
    You mean for the bass? Likely Crown. They make great power and are cheap. To power the rest I will use the H/K, plus make some rear channel something or others.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Well obviously, a big one.

    Leave a comment:


  • xLegendOZWest
    replied
    big fucker

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    What amp are you planning one using?

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    No, just temporary garbage until I can build something good.

    I am gonna do a gigantic HT system: 2) 12" woofers on 500ish RMS, 6) 6" woofers, 12) 3" ,ids and a pair of tweets up front. I am gonna build it as 2 huge towers with a shelf in between them. The shelf will hold the TV (cheap-o 42" Plasma now, 50" plasma soon) and the shelf will have 4) 3" mids and a tweeter, then the 2) 6" will be in the main cabinets.

    What this means is 2X6", 4X3" and a tweet for the damn center channel! Same for left and right, all in kind of a swoopy modern-ish style. Gonna weigh about 6 tons!

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Harman Kardon ain't too bad. Though now they aren't as good as they used to be? Correct?

    I love how HK underrates their wattage outputs. Haha they say 80 a channel but it's really like 150 :)

    Are the Jamos in a custom enclosure?

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    junk. HK 6.1 HT reciever, samsung DVD/SACD/DVDA, Jamo speakers.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Just wondering, Luke, what is your home stereo setup consist of?

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Oh thanks. Yeah the H/K is pretty cool.

    The Marantz stuff is very ice to look at, reminds me a bit of Mcintosh.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Once upon a time, Technics was "High End Panansonic"...so, superb SQ, great build quality, blah blah blah.

    Pretty much anything before 1980 was excellent...but I would rather have the H/K.

    The champagne colored stuff from the 80's kicked ass too.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Hey what about the Technics or Marantz from that time frame.

    I love the 1970's styling, but I have NO CLUE what Technics/Marantz models are on this HK's level.

    Help?

    Leave a comment:


  • harv
    replied
    A few years ago I was at a tag sale and there was one of those old 200W a ch Realistic receivers for 50 bucks. I didn't need it so I passed. Went back later in the afternoon when I came to my senses and it was gone.

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Luke, I really respect your opinion, and since you said it.. this thing must be truly awesome.

    On eBay there is about 8 of them. The 330Cs and 330Bs. I can pick one up for $60 and thats with shipping. Im so stoked :D
    Last edited by 5Toes; 05-31-2010, 09:57 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Oh, BTW: I do believe that reciever has "pre in/out" jacks...basically a loop between the pre amp stage and the power stage.

    What this means is that you can add an electronic crossover and a separate amp for your subwoofer, down the road.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by 5Toes
    I think I am going to jump on it, everything I have read is satisfactory, and it seems push good wattage. Haha it's like an E30, built like a tank!
    Sorry, didn't see your post.

    Jump on that 330 or let me know where I can.

    That, my man, is golden shit.

    Now find a HK turntable!

    Leave a comment:

Working...