My Vert Custom Audio Install

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • EN318isPDX
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean S.
    versus




    Hmm, which to choose, which to choose??
    Some people prefer quality. Luke is a good guy and its pretty sad how quick you all pick up your pitchforks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sean S.
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    ... We will get this shit handled, but it aint gonna be overnight. We have a fuckton of shit to pay off before we can even think about shipping shit out...

    and

    ... When you see out for sale threads, you had best not shit in them. ...
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    ... Pay attention, Doug. If you keep shitting on me, it is gonna take way fucking longer to get your shit to you. You know we build killer shit, the best. Give me a fucking chance to get our shit straight...and no, considering our circumstances, 5 months is NOT long enough.

    Oh, by the way, do you plan on paying me the money you took back, that $1250 that is overdrawn from my paypal once I do ship this shit off to you?

    Luke

    versus

    Originally posted by BadfishTX
    ... its done, sounds great,was done quickly and I am satisfied.

    Hmm, which to choose, which to choose??

    Leave a comment:


  • BadfishTX
    replied
    Originally posted by Mouse
    LOL.

    Anyway, OP, can't wait to hear the setup.
    I will swing by the shop soon. I tried to Saturday but you were off.. Lucky.

    Originally posted by Gregs///M
    I stand neutral to both parties involved in this thread...OP and GAS.

    However, I can say that I've seen several examples of a similar design to the vert Lukebox. Even in my old Car Audio and Electronics magazines from the early 1980's, this sub woofer box design was quite common. I've also seen very similar designs in many cars, particularly the old Mercedes Benz's.

    My point...

    The vert Lukebox or any sub woofer box, built by anyone in history, is not patented and open source for anyone to copy it. Luke, if you are so concerned about people ripping off your box designs, you gotta keep that design "under wraps," secure your product since you worked so hard on it.

    To the OP, to blatantly come out post that you gave your installer Luke's plans for the box was pretty douchey. He's the moderator of this sub forum and its a bit of a slap in the face. I'm not saying your wrong but I am saying you should have kept the fact you were blatantly copying the design to yourself and your installer.

    His plans were not copied. I showed the guy the thread so he could have an idea as to what I wanted. If you look at my set up and look at the Lukebox you will know it is very different. I don't see it as a slap in the face at all. If I am a douche for building a box and using some guys plans as a reference than call me douchey mcgee... I dont care. Eitherway its done, sounds great,was done quickly and I am satisfied.

    Leave a comment:


  • dashboardmonkey
    replied
    ^this

    Leave a comment:


  • Gregs///M
    replied
    I stand neutral to both parties involved in this thread...OP and GAS.

    However, I can say that I've seen several examples of a similar design to the vert Lukebox. Even in my old Car Audio and Electronics magazines from the early 1980's, this sub woofer box design was quite common. I've also seen very similar designs in many cars, particularly the old Mercedes Benz's.

    My point...

    The vert Lukebox or any sub woofer box, built by anyone in history, is not patented and open source for anyone to copy it. Luke, if you are so concerned about people ripping off your box designs, you gotta keep that design "under wraps," secure your product since you worked so hard on it.

    To the OP, to blatantly come out post that you gave your installer Luke's plans for the box was pretty douchey. He's the moderator of this sub forum and its a bit of a slap in the face. I'm not saying your wrong but I am saying you should have kept the fact you were blatantly copying the design to yourself and your installer.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mouse
    replied
    LOL.

    Anyway, OP, can't wait to hear the setup.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    So what happened here is pretty simple. WE had an assload of people all saying "yeah man, I am gonna do it"...and then when we got smashed by about a zillion issues all at once...then sold only 8 boxes after spending basically all of 2 months designing it...well, we had to pay bills...and we assumed that the guys who SAID they were in dissipated, well, were were left high and dry.

    We did not make that fucking much on 8 goddamn boxes, kids.

    Then, we lost our lease and had to spend an inordinate amount of time hunting for a place and then MOVING to a place...well, fuck all, now we have overdrawn paypal accounts and still somehow managed to get a few dozen boxes out, just barely.

    We still have this guys high-dollar stuff sitting here, along with other stuff. Every goddamn deal WILL get handled. We will fix this shit, all of it.

    And then we get bullshit like this here...well, fucking A, my 2 months of work goes to some other motherfuckers pocket. Fuck you very much. Willing to bet my design kicks the fuck out of that single 12...for less than 1/3rd the cost AND has more trunk space left.

    So now I have a full time job. Yay, 50 hours a week installing car stereos. Nights weekends, you name it. It will cripple me, but I will earn enough that I can pay the bills and fix this shit. We will get this shit handled, but it aint gonna be overnight. We have a fuckton of shit to pay off before we can even think about shipping shit out...but we did ship half a dozen boxes this week and will ship more.

    We also will have a run of E30 10", E30 12", Manual and power top vert boxes...you people that talk about us like I am some sore of thief...bullshit. Ain't true. I am still here, but my time is pretty fucking limited, don't ya think? Yeah, I fucked up but we will fix it. I made this fucking mess and I will clean it up.

    Oh, BTW, after this next bunch of boxes, there will be no more discounts. Full price is too low anyway, so no more deals at all. We still build a far superior product, it is worth every penny. We still ship 99.5% of our products on time, we have way more satisfied customers than we have fuckups, like 80 to 1 or better.

    We had a fucking great reputation. Yeah, we lost it. No we have not fixed it yet but we will.

    Think of this too: we have sold over 600 boxes. Had we charged only $20 more for each of them, we never would have had financial issues in the first place.

    Or, if even 20% of the people who committed to the 'vert box stepped up and followed through, none of this would have happened either. It isn't like I took these guys' money and ran off to fucking Mexico, right? We were goddamn near homeless, this shit has not been easy for us.

    Wood is here, I am gonna go get some sawdust happening. When you see out for sale threads, you had best not shit in them. First, I am still a moderator and that is not allowed. Second, the reason we are building and TRYING to sell shit is to get these debts paid quickly. Pay attention, Doug. If you keep shitting on me, it is gonna take way fucking longer to get your shit to you. You know we build killer shit, the best. Give me a fucking chance to get our shit straight...and no, considering our circumstances, 5 months is NOT long enough.

    Oh, by the way, do you plan on paying me the money you took back, that $1250 that is overdrawn from my paypal once I do ship this shit off to you?

    Luke

    Leave a comment:


  • dougsic
    replied
    Originally posted by P.Kelly
    Not for nothing, but I've been asking about a vert auto top box since before you built a manual top box and I've never heard a damn thing from you (i.e. you responding to any of my posts inquiring) about having one ready... When I did finally see you posted something up the next set of posts were people complaining that you had stiffed them.
    Be thankful you didn't send him any money or you would be another person in line!

    Originally Posted by dougsic
    I paid for mine in MAY and although Luke still has my money, I haven't received shit - not even a courtesy response despite my many PM's, emails and phone calls for the last 2 months.

    BUZZTT - Thanks! I find it unacceptable too. Unforturnately, what can I do about it?

    Badfish TX - Give us pics! We wanna see whatcha got!

    Leave a comment:


  • Buzztt
    replied
    Originally posted by dougsic
    I paid for mine in MAY and although Luke still has my money, I haven't received shit - not even a courtesy response despite my many PM's, emails and phone calls for the last 2 months.
    Thats totally unacceptable

    Leave a comment:


  • P.Kelly
    replied
    Originally posted by BadfishTX
    Got the car back last night and it sounds great! I will post final pictures soon. Sub hits great.. speakers are nice and loud. No complaints
    Looking forward to final pics!

    Leave a comment:


  • P.Kelly
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    All you clowns do realize the whole fucking reason we had all the issues we had was lack of sales, right? All of you asshats who all said "build me a box for my vert" and then I fucking killed myself to get this pile of shit done and I sold...6 boxes.
    Not for nothing, but I've been asking about a vert auto top box since before you built a manual top box and I've never heard a damn thing from you (i.e. you responding to any of my posts inquiring) about having one ready... When I did finally see you posted something up the next set of posts were people complaining that you had stiffed them.

    Leave a comment:


  • BadfishTX
    replied
    Got the car back last night and it sounds great! I will post final pictures soon. Sub hits great.. speakers are nice and loud. No complaints

    Leave a comment:


  • dashboardmonkey
    replied
    To be honest, I have never heard a sub box that sounds even close to a Lukebox. I have a one-off job. (single 15") I understand Lukes frustration, if you have one of the really early luke boxes (circa 2008-9) chances are I built it with Luke. The vert box was a raging pain in the ass to design/build. I knew it was only a matter of time before this happened. The single 12 vert box we made, never really sounded up to our standards. The new design however...

    Leave a comment:


  • MC Hammered
    replied
    Originally posted by BadfishTX
    To be quite honest I dont know. He was working on that when I stopped in. I will find out. I am curious how he plans on fixing the glove box operation also.
    Reason I asked is I got excited when I did a sound upgrade in my vert, started hacking away on the passenger side only to realize that there are even more space limitation issues on the driver side.

    I'm looking forward to see how your installer solves the clearance issue on both sides for the woofer install. I really would rather not have to cut up the map pocket and install a driver in the door panel.

    I have also considered mounting the glovebox on sliders and have it pull out instead of drop down.

    Leave a comment:


  • BergerNJ
    replied
    Until the US patent office will allow a person to patent a sub box, pvc porting, or dynamatting surfaces on a car. There is no argument.

    Also, perhaps posting an entire build thread on the design you spent a lot of time on was not a smart idea. Making clients agree to withhold the design information you sell them would be.

    I LOVE the lukebox design and someday hope to have something remotely close to it. I also thoroughly understand ad appreciate the labor and time you spent on building such a beast setup for us vert owners.

    Seeing how cars, especially ones with age, respond to large sub woofer designs, I am apprehensive on building a system at all. Vibrating my vert to death doesn't sound good to me, no pun intended.

    The entire build process seems very time consuming and something I do not take lightly, therefore I respect it for what it is, praise who achieve it, and admire anyone who tries their own way...


    Curious to see how this turns out, seems like the shop you have building this is taking too long....Unless I am missing something.

    Leave a comment:

Working...