My Vert Custom Audio Install

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • EN318isPDX
    replied
    In for ban

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    God forbid you support somebody who is a forum sponsor, forum moderator, and is totally dedicated to the community.

    Leave a comment:


  • EN318isPDX
    replied
    Pretty douchey but you are from texas so it makes sense

    Leave a comment:


  • BadfishTX
    replied
    Originally posted by GCMARK
    No, the cavity between the trunk and seat back. It has to be air tight for the 5th order concept to work efficiently.

    Ahh.. I would like to think it would be as these guys are MECP Certified but I will find out about that.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Wait...let me get this straight...you showed some dude at Car Toys my design and he built this? Nice...once again my work get plagiarized, while we go broke.

    All you clowns do realize the whole fucking reason we had all the issues we had was lack of sales, right? All of you asshats who all said "build me a box for my vert" and then I fucking killed myself to get this pile of shit done and I sold...6 boxes. You do know I spent like 150 hours dreaming this shit up and sold like 6 boxes, right? Do the math, that is like 85 cents an hour...and that dude never ever would have come up with my solution, nor would you.

    Well, I hope it works out for you, but it really looks to me like he never touched a calculator at all. The W6 is a horrible choice for bandpass applications, thats for sure. If I were you, I would make certain that the woofer is easily accessible for servicing.


    BTW, make sure the inside of that cavity gets dynamatted too.

    Oh, by the way, what is the dude charging you for stealing my design?

    Leave a comment:


  • DRTSRFR
    replied
    No, the cavity between the trunk and seat back. It has to be air tight for the 5th order concept to work efficiently.

    Leave a comment:


  • BadfishTX
    replied
    Originally posted by GCMARK
    My Lukebox fit with the carpet...

    ...and make sure you seal the crap out of the cavity. There are a TON of potential leaks. I probably spent two hours in there. Have your Bandaids ready!

    Confused.. Which cavity? The one where the spare tire is? :/ I will inquire about the original carpet.

    Leave a comment:


  • achtunge30
    replied
    Originally posted by GCMARK
    My Lukebox fit with the carpet...
    As did mine - which is why I asked...good stuff.

    Leave a comment:


  • DRTSRFR
    replied
    My Lukebox fit with the carpet...

    ...and make sure you seal the crap out of the cavity. There are a TON of potential leaks. I probably spent two hours in there. Have your Bandaids ready!

    Leave a comment:


  • BadfishTX
    replied
    Originally posted by achtunge30
    Is trunk carpet going back in? I JUST installed the vert Lukebox and man was that an involved install! I wish I knew someone in my area reputable to do these kind of installs delicately in an old BMW.
    Yes I am pretty sure trunk carpet will be back in the car. I think that was a test fit.

    Leave a comment:


  • achtunge30
    replied
    Is trunk carpet going back in? I JUST installed the vert Lukebox and man was that an involved install! I wish I knew someone in my area reputable to do these kind of installs delicately in an old BMW.

    Leave a comment:


  • BadfishTX
    replied
    Originally posted by GCMARK
    Ahhh...didn't see the port holes in the first pics.

    That 12 should hit pretty good if your builder did his math...
    Yea he didn't do it until last night. 1st set of pictures were from earlier this week. Can't wait to get this thing back. I will have the coilovers here today at the shop hopefully. Have them installed Saturday afternoon and Rims here middle of next month.

    Leave a comment:


  • DRTSRFR
    replied
    Ahhh...didn't see the port holes in the first pics.

    That 12 should hit pretty good if your builder did his math...

    Leave a comment:


  • BadfishTX
    replied
    Heres a few more pictures. Installed the JL Audio Bass Control Knob, Cut out port holes behind the rear seats, and installed the box. Should hopefully be completed Friday evening.



    Leave a comment:


  • randomquickness
    replied
    please post more pics with progress, I have a vert that needs some audio love.

    Leave a comment:

Working...