No announcement yet.

Box size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nope, you'll only flow as much current as the weakest link in the whole system... in this case a 8 gauge ground. Pretty much makes the 4g power useless, all or nothing.

Comment

If you have leftover red cable just run it as ground. There is no need to buy another cable just because it is black and labelled "GROUND WIRE". Just be sure to mark it clearly. ;)
      I retired my E30 for now...
      E46 323i
      David Schultz

Comment

I found some 4ga in my garage, hopefully enough for at least the ground or the power. I need to pick up some terminals now.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

i like my boxes to fit around everything tight. ;)

Comment

Just a little update. I went and bought the 3/4" MDF, silicone for sealing, gorilla glue for construction, 1 1/2" finishing nails to hold the box together, and a thin sheet of wood for the false panel tonight. It gets assembled tomorrow so I am hoping to test everything out by tomorrow evening.

RISING EDGE

Comment

I recommend soldering the terminals on that hefty wire if u can... sometimes crimping the fat wire doesnt yield the best results.

also, rather than screws in the mdf for mounting the sub, maybe some bolts (not necessarily hex-heads though) and spiked nuts. I have had good luck with these + locktite...
              Attached Files

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
              HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
              **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                1 1/2" finishing nails to hold the box together
                I've always used wood screws but hopefully that works out for you.
                I retired my E30 for now...
                E46 323i
                David Schultz

Comment

The nails worked just fine today. I used gorilla glue on the seams and 100% silicone for the joints.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Working...
                  X