• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
    More photos of the Bremen.
    It should be available in September.

But digital audio is not available in the USA.

The one thing I really like about this one is it has Pre Amp outputs. The Continentals do not.

Leave a comment:

• george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
    Looks sweet. How laggy is it? I’ve always had a bad experience with android tablets, they seem to lag and freeze up quite a bit especially in summer when the sun is heating the car/dash
    I was looking at them as well. No one posts a "boot up" time.

Leave a comment:

• pandaboo911
    replied
    Replacement headunit options that suit the E30 interior

Originally posted by m5james View Post
    Flame suit on...but the GF loves it and I do as well.

Joying 10.25" Android stereo powering RF speakers throughout, eventually it'll get a small sub enclosure w/ a matching RF monoblock amp. This killed multiple birds w/ one stone...beforehand it had an outdated CD player w/ no bluetooth, OBC screen has a leaking LCD but it's not like we used it anyways. This has better fitment that the one I'm running in my E36 in that hers doesn't block the heater vents at all and the width matches perfectly with the dash.

Looks sweet. How laggy is it? I’ve always had a bad experience with android tablets, they seem to lag and freeze up quite a bit especially in summer when the sun is heating the car/dash

Leave a comment:

• m5james
    replied
    Flame suit on...but the GF loves it and I do as well.

Joying 10.25" Android stereo powering RF speakers throughout, eventually it'll get a small sub enclosure w/ a matching RF monoblock amp. This killed multiple birds w/ one stone...beforehand it had an outdated CD player w/ no bluetooth, OBC screen has a leaking LCD but it's not like we used it anyways. This has better fitment that the one I'm running in my E36 in that hers doesn't block the heater vents at all and the width matches perfectly with the dash.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Vincenze
    replied
    More photos of the Bremen.
    It should be available in September.

But digital audio is not available in the USA.

Leave a comment:

• george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by Staszek View Post
    it would be making the faces.
    China? Making plastic parts? I think they do that in their sleep. :)

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
    Realities of low volume production. Tooling alone is tens of thousands of dollars for something like the face plate.

Just look at how expensive the bluetooth board jay built is. It's the price of a radio, but I bet he's not making much of a profit. Unless you're building 10,000+ of something, manufacturing and parts acquisition are extremely expensive. I'm not knocking his product by the way, it's a great product for a niche market. That was the direction I really wanted to go, but I got tired of chasing down clean OEM radios that didn't need a ton of work to refurbish.
    I was completely kidding, although for larger brands and the way everything is on boards these days the internals of these would not be hard, it would be making the faces.

Leave a comment:

• george graves
    replied
    Realities of low volume production.
    This. Make 2-3 of something is easy. Making 10-100? You might as well shoot yourself in the head. You'll lose money.

Leave a comment:

• earthwormjim
    replied
    Wow, expensive, I need to build retro stuff with fewer features than current items and sell them for a ton more lol!

Realities of low volume production. Tooling alone is tens of thousands of dollars for something like the face plate.

Just look at how expensive the bluetooth board jay built is. It's the price of a radio, but I bet he's not making much of a profit. Unless you're building 10,000+ of something, manufacturing and parts acquisition are extremely expensive. I'm not knocking his product by the way, it's a great product for a niche market. That was the direction I really wanted to go, but I got tired of chasing down clean OEM radios that didn't need a ton of work to refurbish.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    It is out, at least for preorder, but it's also ~400-450EUR, dang.
    Wow, expensive, I need to build retro stuff with fewer features than current items and sell them for a ton more lol!

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    I like that Blaupukt alot! Hopefully it will come out soon.
    It is out, at least for preorder, but it's also ~400-450EUR, dang.

Leave a comment:

• earthwormjim
    replied
    Originally posted by stagen View Post
    I noticed the M508 earthwormjim modified has the display reversed polarized from the original. Curious if either you or kid8 could tell/show if it has a blueish tint when turned off now.

Yes, there is a very slight blueish/purplish tint, it's hard to capture with a camera, it never matches what the appearance with your eye looks like. The tint isn't from an actual pigment or color of the filter, it's just from the way ambient reflected light is bent, so cameras don't see it correctly. One shot it will look pink, the next it will not be visible, the next it will be slightly blue.

Leave a comment:

• stagen
    replied
    I noticed the M508 earthwormjim modified has the display reversed polarized from the original. Curious if either you or kid8 could tell/show if it has a blueish tint when turned off now.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Clarion M508 looks pretty nice after swapping the LEDs to orange or painting them orange.

I forgot to take pictures of the finished radio before shipping it out, but this gives you an idea of what can be done:

This Blaupunkt updated radio looks pretty nice too. Should be available next month.

https://ferdinandmagazine.com/update...46-coming-2018
    I like that Blaupukt alot! Hopefully it will come out soon.

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    Originally posted by e30RS View Post
    Does anyone have an alpine recommendation for the e30?
    Thanks to @jaysterling we can now stick to OEM alpines. Pick up an OEM CM5908 with a cantalouperadio.com bluetooth retrofit board. I have them in all my E30s.

I refurb them - pm me if you need one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X