Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dubdub
    replied
    Brand new. Just installed and trying to get working. An intermittent problem, where it would not work with regularity, called for new batteries as a solution.

I swear, despite intermittently working, they did lock previously.

Originally posted by george graves View Post
    Open up the remote and use isopropyl alcohol to clean the PCB would be my first move. Not to say it will fix it. But between the rubbery key pad, and the PCB it might have some oxidation/oil/junk. On the underside of the keys, there will be black nub. Don't fuss with it too much, just clean it lightly.

How old is your unit?

Leave a comment:

• george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by dubdub View Post
    Okay, so I replaced the batteries. Solid improvement... but it only unlocks. It doesn't lock. Any guesses?
    Open up the remote and use isopropyl alcohol to clean the PCB would be my first move. Not to say it will fix it. But between the rubbery key pad, and the PCB it might have some oxidation/oil/junk. On the underside of the keys, there will be black nub. Don't fuss with it too much, just clean it lightly.

How old is your unit?
    Last edited by george graves; 11-14-2016, 06:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dubdub
    replied
    Okay, so I replaced the batteries. Solid improvement... but it only unlocks. It doesn't lock. Any guesses?

Leave a comment:

• dubdub
    replied
    I feel dumb that I didn't think of changing the battery in the fobs.

Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
    Try a different fob (should come with 2)...change batteries in fobs... Relocate the antenna on the unit in the trunk.

I think the antenna is the biggest part. What I did was I used extra wire and spliced it onto the end of the antenna, and ran it all around the trunk. Works really good... About 10-15 ft. RELIABLE range. Much beyond that, it gets a little more sketchy.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    Originally posted by dubdub View Post
    So my luck has not been as good. Installed and works, but pretty sporadically. Sometimes it works from 15 feet away as it should; sometimes I can stand at the door and get nothing. Hell I can stand right at the trunk inches away, and it won't work, which to me makes it useless. Ideas?
    Try a different fob (should come with 2)...change batteries in fobs... Relocate the antenna on the unit in the trunk.

I think the antenna is the biggest part. What I did was I used extra wire and spliced it onto the end of the antenna, and ran it all around the trunk. Works really good... About 10-15 ft. RELIABLE range. Much beyond that, it gets a little more sketchy.

Leave a comment:

• dubdub
    replied
    So my luck has not been as good. Installed and works, but pretty sporadically. Sometimes it works from 15 feet away as it should; sometimes I can stand at the door and get nothing. Hell I can stand right at the trunk inches away, and it won't work, which to me makes it useless. Ideas?

Leave a comment:

• 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    Originally posted by noslolo View Post
    all of the links to the product are outdated, what is the product model or name? I'm yanking my power antenna next week, so I'll be digging around in the left side of the trunk and why the hell not. I just need to know what to buy. Thank in advance for any help given!
    I believe it is called the Omega Rec-43 unit. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• noslolo
    replied
    all of the links to the product are outdated, what is the product model or name? I'm yanking my power antenna next week, so I'll be digging around in the left side of the trunk and why the hell not. I just need to know what to buy. Thank in advance for any help given!

Leave a comment:

• 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    Hey guys, had this unit installed for nearly a year and a half now, and I have to say for the money it is the best mod I've ever done. Still trying to source a little roundel sticker for the fob though ;)

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied
    Rehosted pictures from OP.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 968Reckless
    replied
    Originally posted by fs88 View Post
    Did you end up getting this item?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I went with the e46 style key from GE on here. I'm sure that would work fine just slightly different wiring if I had to guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• fs88
    replied
    Originally posted by 968Reckless View Post
    Did you end up getting this item?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• rcsoundn1
    replied
    3rd party here with interest of pics, updated info
    Last edited by rcsoundn1; 06-03-2015, 06:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• littlehandegan
    replied
    Anyway to bring the pictures back?

Leave a comment:

• 968Reckless
    replied
    My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Has anyone had success with this?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X