Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• profbooty
    replied
    Anyone had any success retrofiting the remote into an e46 style key? The remote on the r3c 43t's circuit board appears to be too big.

Leave a comment:

• audiquattrot
    replied
    Installed mine over the wkend, got the 4-button one on eBay new for $25 shipped. Best mod to date. Quick and easy install too

Leave a comment:

• 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    found a new in box, 'old' style REC 43 unit with just the 2 button remote on ebay...you can bet i bought it up... $30.20 shipped.

Installed it as cleanly as I could possibly manage, and Boom. what a freaking cool little mod. Trying to source a little BMW sticker to put on the fob (which is kind of like the e36 fob in a way haha).

Click. Lock
    Click. Unlock

muahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaha Yes!!!!

--Mike

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Originally posted by 86black View Post
    I agree... best $30 mod, however, after about 2 years of perfectly reliable operation, my locking system started to act up. It definitely has something to do with moisture/humidity - Seems to work fine when weather is dry, but when it rains, the car locks itself and doesn't respond to the remote. In wet conditions, the central locking system doesn't work either - unable to unlock the doors via the trunk lock (which normally works). I have to manually pull up the lock sticks inside the car or use the key from the outside - but then the car fully locks itself immediately after. It doesn't matter if the key is turned on (in the ignition) or not - on rainy days, it will almost always lock itself.

Does this mean that the rec43T has gone bad or that there's a problem with the central locking system? I know that disconnecting the unit and putting all the wires back to their original connections will answer this question, but figured I'd ask the community before I go through the trouble.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    I read something about the connectors at the door being affected by moisture and causing this problem. Has nothing to do with the keyless system as I am running a different one (factory) and have the same problem. When dry weather out, no problem... once it gets wet out it stops working for awhile.

I've read you can bypass the wires at the front kick panel somewhere and am going to look into that in the near future. You might want to look into that as well. Bypassing them has no affect on any factory systems from what I remember and I don't remember why they go into the door in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• 86black
    replied
    rec43T worked perfectly for about 2 years, but now acting funky

I agree... best $30 mod, however, after about 2 years of perfectly reliable operation, my locking system started to act up. It definitely has something to do with moisture/humidity - Seems to work fine when weather is dry, but when it rains, the car locks itself and doesn't respond to the remote. In wet conditions, the central locking system doesn't work either - unable to unlock the doors via the trunk lock (which normally works). I have to manually pull up the lock sticks inside the car or use the key from the outside - but then the car fully locks itself immediately after. It doesn't matter if the key is turned on (in the ignition) or not - on rainy days, it will almost always lock itself.

Does this mean that the rec43T has gone bad or that there's a problem with the central locking system? I know that disconnecting the unit and putting all the wires back to their original connections will answer this question, but figured I'd ask the community before I go through the trouble.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    What do you guys think about this one?

I like this because it's only got 2 buttons. I'd hate ordering the other one and not being able to use the other buttons.

Leave a comment:

• ncsubowen
    replied
    This should be at the top of the list of must have mods. Installed today one of the kits with a million wires. Took some troubleshooting and either the kit was mislabeled or I am a moron but my lock and unlock buttons are reversed. Who cares, 15 bucks and works like a dream. For anyone struggling with the multi wire kit, make sure you are using the negative trigger diagram and that you connect both of the indicated grounds (mine were yellow and yellow/black) along with the standard black ground when you connect to the brown car ground.

Leave a comment:

• Link
    replied
    The German Engineering Keyless Entry:

I have been dealing with issues getting my system wired in. it does not seem to want to unlock. In all my reading I am starting to see a possible problem.

I pulled out the wires I was not going to use, like the trunk pop and the window wire. Is this going to cause a problem? If so can I fix it?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    Originally posted by bradnic View Post
    Exactly the same behavior for me with a REC43 unit. worked perfectly for a year, then stopped working when I swapped out the power antenna. feeling pretty silly that I haven't been able to troubleshoot it yet
    turned out to be a splice that got disconnected when I replaced the antenna. all fixed, and still a terrific, inexpensive mod.

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    Originally posted by Eydreeyun View Post
    I've had this keyless entry for about 2 years now and it was fine til I swapped out my antenna for a known working one. So I took everything out to clean up the wires, reconnected everything. However, the remote is inoperable, it doesn't lock or unlock. When I use the key to trunk to unlock or lock, it doesn't do anything. But when I remove the green and blue wire, the key to trunk works.

My central lock unit is working all around, only if I tap into green/black to green, green/purple to blue and use my key to trunk to lock/unlock it is not working along with the remote. Its been bugging me the whole day why it wasn't working. Any ideas?
    Exactly the same behavior for me with a REC43 unit. worked perfectly for a year, then stopped working when I swapped out the power antenna. feeling pretty silly that I haven't been able to troubleshoot it yet

Leave a comment:

• saturnv7890
    replied
    Originally posted by illest318i View Post
    Okay I bought and just received the keyless entry, but the diagram looks a little too complicated. You mind helping me out how you wired yours? Or can you show me a link where someone wire's it?

Thanks in advance!

Ah yes sorry!!

Use the "negative trigger" diagram. You only need the +12v, gnd, and the negative trigger wires how they are done on the sheet of paper.

Then you attach the "unlock" wire from the unit to the green/purple wire in the trunk, attach the "lock" wire from the unit to the green/black wire.

Leave a comment:

• Eydreeyun
    replied
    I've had this keyless entry for about 2 years now and it was fine til I swapped out my antenna for a known working one. So I took everything out to clean up the wires, reconnected everything. However, the remote is inoperable, it doesn't lock or unlock. When I use the key to trunk to unlock or lock, it doesn't do anything. But when I remove the green and blue wire, the key to trunk works.

My central lock unit is working all around, only if I tap into green/black to green, green/purple to blue and use my key to trunk to lock/unlock it is not working along with the remote. Its been bugging me the whole day why it wasn't working. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• serdar255
    replied
    Here it is for 11.52 it is direct from hong kong

Leave a comment:

• illest318i
    replied
    Originally posted by saturnv7890 View Post
    Search keyless on amazon it's the one that costs $15!

My only complaint is that the range isn't that great but it's much better than no keyless.

Okay I bought and just received the keyless entry, but the diagram looks a little too complicated. You mind helping me out how you wired yours? Or can you show me a link where someone wire's it?

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• wartex11
    replied
    Thanks mate gives me a point in the right direction,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X