Where to buy OEM Style Fuses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy OEM Style Fuses?

I've got a bit of a pedantic request; I want to replace all the random fuses in my cars with the OEM style Pudenz fuses. I'm tired of my fuse box being a mixture of different fuse types, plus the OEM style is easy to see if a fuse has blown without pulling out the fuse.

From what I can tell, Littelfuse bought Pudenz around 2012, but they continue to manufacture the old BMW style fuses (now with clear plastic covers):
    Click image for larger version

Name:	11263889_wpc_4k10040539pud_pri_larg.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	9903474

Does anyone know where to source them for a reasonable price?
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Would be cool to find a source. I save them from parts carts lol. Lots of German cars came with them. ECS lists them, but good luck dealing with them. :/
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I have a container of them from junkyards, but the fusible link is usually corroded and the casing is dirty. My main goal for replacing all my fuses is to clean up all the contacts and eliminate resistance which could be causing problems elsewhere.
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
        I have a container of them from junkyards, but the fusible link is usually corroded and the casing is dirty. My main goal for replacing all my fuses is to clean up all the contacts and eliminate resistance which could be causing problems elsewhere.
        Good idea.
        I messed about with getting my cruise control working.
        Ended up being a crusty & cruddy fuse and after a replacement it started working.
        E30 320i vert
        But daily drive is Volvo V60 Polestar

Comment

For a little while, every time I went to the junkyard, I'd pull all the fuses out of every BMW that had them. I stopped when I realized I had close to 50 of each amperage fuse. lol

Comment

Check Mouser, Digikey, Arrow and McMaster.

Here's an Arrow link you can sort through.
            https://www.arrow.com/en/categories/...n%20Stock:Yes;

Fuses that match the style you are looking for seem to start with a 168 in the part number.

Comment

I've been buying from this guy: https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Fuses-s...sAAOSwehlZ4XVM

Haven't had any complaints.
              📸 @joyfilledpursuit
              📖 John 3:16-18

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                From what I can tell, Littelfuse bought Pudenz around 2012, but they continue to manufacture the old BMW style fuses (now with clear plastic covers):
                Click image for larger version

Name:	11263889_wpc_4k10040539pud_pri_larg.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	9903474
                If you want, you can take out the plastic cover with a knife. Then it will look like an original one.

Comment

I've got hands-full from the local pick and pull. most of the time they don't bother charging you for them if you're buying larger items
                  ------------------------------------
                  01.5 S4 Avant - Sold
                  88 325iS - In pieces
                  91 e34 - Totaled by some dumbass
                  90 325i - Daily
                  06 e91 - Sold

feedback thread

Comment

Working...
                  X