E30 Factory amp adapter kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Factory amp adapter kit

Hi guys, I recently did a new stereo install on my e30, keeping all original wiring, and part of that for me was not hacking up the harness for the OEM Blaupunkt amp in the trunk.

I searched for the specific connector they simply do not exist, there's no part numbers to be found anywhere.

So I made my own! in the pictures attached you can see I 3d-printed a female connector identical to the one on the factory amp. (For my specific install I'll be using the alpine ktp-445u for its small size)

I'm posting this as a feeler to see if anybody would be interested in purchasing this as a kit, including the 2 piece 3d printed connector housing and pins. Potentially with wires already attached, depending on what you want.

(PHOTOS IN THE GOOGLE DRIVE LINK)

Please let me know!

Thanks,

-Ryan

I think its a great idea! I might need one in the future

Comment

Very cool! Although I already built a system (ripped out all the factory wiring), this would be a great time saver for a lot of people. Just crimp some 12" twisted-pair wires onto the signal pins (I assume that those are TE/Amp open barrel terminals), and add the switched 12V, and people would have a convenient pigtail to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanBelton View Post
        Hi guys, I recently did a new stereo install on my e30, keeping all original wiring, and part of that for me was not hacking up the harness for the OEM Blaupunkt amp in the trunk.

I searched for the specific connector they simply do not exist, there's no part numbers to be found anywhere.

So I made my own! in the pictures attached you can see I 3d-printed a female connector identical to the one on the factory amp. (For my specific install I'll be using the alpine ktp-445u for its small size)

I'm posting this as a feeler to see if anybody would be interested in purchasing this as a kit, including the 2 piece 3d printed connector housing and pins. Potentially with wires already attached, depending on what you want.

(PHOTOS IN THE GOOGLE DRIVE LINK)

Please let me know!

Thanks,

-Ryan
        I'm interested! I've had some difficulty finding someone to refurb my OEM amp, so I'm at the point of just going with something more modern. I see you posted this back in October; how did the 3D-printed connector work out for you? What are you thinking on price?
        R135 /// 1990 Alpinwei├č II 325is
        └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Working...
        X