Crossover location in dash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossover location in dash?

Can anyone recommend a good spot inside the dash to mount crossovers for my aftermarket component speakers (kick panel and tweeters) ?

I hate to take the dash out if someone already knows where to easily put these things.

Thanks!

If you have Premium Sound System, then all speaker wires go to the amplifier near the antenna.

Comment

No this is a Touring that has the basic sound package. I am installing an aftermarket head unit with component front speakers, 2-way rears, amplifier and powered sub.

Comment

Depends on the size of the crossovers but assuming you are talking about the large box electronic cross overs...I would just tuck them up by the harness close to the speakers since that's where the wiring is.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Ok so there within a couple inches of the speaker in the kick panel?

Comment

It all depends on the size of the Xovers. I usually place them high up in the kick panel area. For the drivers side, there is usually room up behind the dimmer switch or behind the instrument cluster. For the passenger side, I usually tuck them high up in the kick. Also note that if your crossovers are near the DME, they usually induce electrical noise. I have placed Xovers near the DME and found my right side with high pitch noise that went away when I move the Xover around. HIgher up has less/no noise.
            Owner - Bavarian Restoration
            BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
            www.BavRest.com
            My Feedback Thread
            Our Facebook!
            Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Working...
            X