X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robrez
    replied
    Originally posted by Uber///m3 View Post
    This will be good. Ryan's car presents well and he's been active in the e30 community for a long time. Here's his profile

Last edited by robrez; 03-14-2019, 12:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Uber///m3
    replied
    Originally posted by NeverEnough02 View Post
    Ya, it is worth it though. I want to put some worry free miles on it. After all that is involved and the fact that it will be a fair weather flyer, it will easily go another 25 years before needing to do that stuff again.

Who is Ryan? Is there a link to his?

Bid for the chance to own a 1991 BMW 325i Cabriolet M-Technic 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #17,262.

Went live today...

Leave a comment:

• Uber///m3
    replied
    That’s gonna have a lot of really good parts on it for somebody.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew325is
    replied
    There's an S770 car being auctioned by Copart on Friday in LA. VIN EC26759. 131k miles. Looks like it's in actually pretty good shape compared to others I've seen. Requires a dealer license or broker to bid on it.

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    His VIN is on the first page of this thread....EC26672. I thought it would be funny if your interior was originally from his car but doesn't appear to be the case.

Leave a comment:

• francogt1
    replied
    Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
    That's what I've been saying since Wildride owned the car. He thought it was a factory anomaly but having it swapped out at the dealership was more plausible. Now we need to find out if the VIN on the seat matches Robrez's car and see if he has your interior.

If he can chime in with his VIN if its close to what i posted it might just be, or if his rear seat has the build label as well we can compare to my vin

:popcorn:

Leave a comment:

• francogt1
    replied
    With the help of a good forum member here he was able to come up with some possibilities as far as the vin Last 6 looks like C26561 or C26551.waffleswafflesThe leading digit of the last 7 is completely obscured, but since most all the 771 and 770 cars are 04/91 builds they should be an E. EC26561 is a sterling silver 771 full mtech vert with 0318 upholstery Maybe this is the one?

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    Originally posted by francogt1 View Post
    I Pulled the rear seat out of my DS/Mtech Cloth car and it revealed another VIN other than mine because obviously this is an appearance package car pretty interesting stuff now the label was in poor shape so its hard to tell the last couple of digits but i got someones interior in my car I'm certain it got swapped out brand new at the dealer with a 771 car.

[ATTACH]126535[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]126536[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]126537[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]126538[/ATTACH]
    That's what I've been saying since Wildride owned the car. He thought it was a factory anomaly but having it swapped out at the dealership was more plausible. Now we need to find out if the VIN on the seat matches Robrez's car and see if he has your interior.
    Last edited by reelizmpro; 03-10-2019, 12:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• francogt1
    replied
    Nice ill be in the look out for this auction, always good to see the prices for these.

I Pulled the rear seat out of my DS/Mtech Cloth car and it revealed another VIN other than mine because obviously this is an appearance package car pretty interesting stuff now the label was in poor shape so its hard to tell the last couple of digits but i got someones interior in my car I'm certain it got swapped out brand new at the dealer with a 771 car.

I'll be posting pictures and more info as the weather gets nicer and more things get done to the car.

This summer the car will be registered and i will get bodywork done on the front end and PDR the rest of the panels i will be in the look out for a set of 15" basket weaves love the look of them.

Thus far since getting the car about 2 months ago i have done :

New exhuast manifold gaskets
    Replaced Engine Harness
    Replaced ECU
    Spark-plugs
    oil-change
    New ICV
    Conditioned the leather in the interior to preserve it as best as possible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0B9EE728-F2B8-4AEF-9853-4101E19E1B28.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	7201033

Name:	66B4982F-F12E-4EFA-8416-5F0F57BAC637.jpg
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	7201034

Name:	IMG_5720.jpg
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	7201035

Name:	IMG_5830.jpg
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	7201036
    Last edited by francogt1; 03-09-2019, 10:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BMWBrat
    replied
    Official M-Technic cabrio registry thread

Ya, it is worth it though. I want to put some worry free miles on it. After all that is involved and the fact that it will be a fair weather flyer, it will easily go another 25 years before needing to do that stuff again.

Ryan Wild. He’s on Facebook. I don’t think his car has BaT yet. But be on the lookout for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BMWBrat; 03-08-2019, 02:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NeverEnough02
    replied
    Originally posted by Uber///m3 View Post
    Wow, that's a lot of investment and a lot of work! (And here I was thinking my lil' ole manual swap was a bear of a job! LOL!) I, too, have contemplated the E30 M3 steering rack. But I think I'm going to hold off for now (still recovering from this manual swap investment...) and maybe do it next year. Did you hear Ryan's putting his M Technic up on BaT next week? It'll be interesting to see what it brings. If I'm not mistaken, it's all original.

Leave a comment:

• Uber///m3
    replied
    I have been gathering parts for mine mostly and working on my other 2 e30s. One of the other e30s is done and being sold. A 1993 convertible. One of the final 270 e30s produced for North America.

I have bought, NOS mtech fabric, NOS 370mm mtech 2 steering wheel, euro headlights with morimoto H7 projectors, adapters, and a morimoto hid kit, and an mtech 2 specific stromung exhaust. Ordering a bmw gas tank, bmw replacement dampers, and a lemforder suspension rebuild kit once the 1993 sale is finalized. I am still trying to decide if I want to spend the coin on an e30m3 steering rack for the improvement or just go factory. Finally, looking for a rear subframe to get reinforced and pained. Once the salt is off the road and I have the subframe done, I will have the bmw shop install the rack, suspension refresh, gas tank, and rear subframe with new bushings. Quite a bit but, it make sense to do some of these things at the same time from a labor perspective.

Wow, that's a lot of investment and a lot of work! (And here I was thinking my lil' ole manual swap was a bear of a job! LOL!) I, too, have contemplated the E30 M3 steering rack. But I think I'm going to hold off for now (still recovering from this manual swap investment...) and maybe do it next year. Did you hear Ryan's putting his M Technic up on BaT next week? It'll be interesting to see what it brings. If I'm not mistaken, it's all original.

Leave a comment:

• NeverEnough02
    replied
    Originally posted by BMWBrat View Post
    Ohhhh....that’s a great question! I’ll check that and get back to u.

I haven’t checked mine yet either. I have the radio out right now and have been contemplating what to do with the stereo all winter. Still haven’t made a decision. It is all period correct alpine right now with Polk speakers and Boston subs in a box that takes up almost all of the trunk. I will likely keep everything as is for this year and just get a smaller box given the amount of other work on tap. If I do that, I will be yanking the interior for a deep clean. I will be sure to look then! Maybe they are close?

Leave a comment:

• NeverEnough02
    replied
    Originally posted by BMWBrat View Post
    No, we went with a rebuilt 3.73 that Chris' father-in-law built for us. Since we're planning on using the car as a cruiser for the most part and not a racer, we felt that would keep the revs lower at highway speeds and it wouldn't be quite as noisy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have been gathering parts for mine mostly and working on my other 2 e30s. One of the other e30s is done and being sold. A 1993 convertible. One of the final 270 e30s produced for North America.

I have bought, NOS mtech fabric, NOS 370mm mtech 2 steering wheel, euro headlights with morimoto H7 projectors, adapters, and a morimoto hid kit, and an mtech 2 specific stromung exhaust. Ordering a bmw gas tank, bmw replacement dampers, and a lemforder suspension rebuild kit once the 1993 sale is finalized. I am still trying to decide if I want to spend the coin on an e30m3 steering rack for the improvement or just go factory. Finally, looking for a rear subframe to get reinforced and pained. Once the salt is off the road and I have the subframe done, I will have the bmw shop install the rack, suspension refresh, gas tank, and rear subframe with new bushings. Quite a bit but, it make sense to do some of these things at the same time from a labor perspective.

Leave a comment:

• BMWBrat
    replied
    Any evidence of the production number hand written on the inside of the center console pieces? Supposedly the builders numbered the full mtech cars as the went through production.

Ohhhh....that’s a great question! I’ll check that and get back to u.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X