Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the help of a good forum member here he was able to come up with some possibilities as far as the vin Last 6 looks like C26561 or C26551.waffleswafflesThe leading digit of the last 7 is completely obscured, but since most all the 771 and 770 cars are 04/91 builds they should be an E. EC26561 is a sterling silver 771 full mtech vert with 0318 upholstery Maybe this is the one?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
      That's what I've been saying since Wildride owned the car. He thought it was a factory anomaly but having it swapped out at the dealership was more plausible. Now we need to find out if the VIN on the seat matches Robrez's car and see if he has your interior.

If he can chime in with his VIN if its close to what i posted it might just be, or if his rear seat has the build label as well we can compare to my vin

:popcorn:
      sigpic

Comment

His VIN is on the first page of this thread....EC26672. I thought it would be funny if your interior was originally from his car but doesn't appear to be the case.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

There's an S770 car being auctioned by Copart on Friday in LA. VIN EC26759. 131k miles. Looks like it's in actually pretty good shape compared to others I've seen. Requires a dealer license or broker to bid on it.

Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

That’s gonna have a lot of really good parts on it for somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverEnough02 View Post
              Ya, it is worth it though. I want to put some worry free miles on it. After all that is involved and the fact that it will be a fair weather flyer, it will easily go another 25 years before needing to do that stuff again.

Who is Ryan? Is there a link to his?

Bid for the chance to own a 1991 BMW 325i Cabriolet M-Technic 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #17,262.

Went live today...

Comment

Originally posted by Uber///m3 View Post
                This will be good. Ryan's car presents well and he's been active in the e30 community for a long time. Here's his profile

Last edited by robrez; 03-14-2019, 12:27 PM.
                sigpic
                January 2012 COTM

Comment

Is there any way to figure out what number in production my car is? I have a 92 mtech package but I would love to find out what number specifically off the line it was.

Comment

I think that car on BAT will bring 25K - 30K what do you guys think?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by francogt1 View Post
                      I think that car on BAT will bring 25K - 30K what do you guys think?
                      My official guess was $26,250 or $26,500. Can’t remeber which one.

Comment

This was buried somewhere else. Thought it would be useful to have linked here as well. Full mtech body kit instructions. https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...9&postcount=26

Comment

thank you for that i was looking for exactly that! btw called it at 30K for the red 771
                          sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know all the M-Technic cabrios sold outside of North America? Does anyone here have one?

It looks like the UK Motorsport Edition was option code S796, at least for 1989. I'm not sure if there was a different option code for other model years. For example, chassis EB95292 is a 1989.

Some info on the UK versions here: https://www.e30zone.net/e30wiki/inde...25i_Motorsport
                            Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

The 04/92 M-tech cars were only for America and Canada , how ever in Europe like you said they had their own special "edition" cars that came with neat interiors mtech bodykits and such.

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
                              Does anyone know all the M-Technic cabrios sold outside of North America? Does anyone here have one?

It looks like the UK Motorsport Edition was option code S796, at least for 1989. I'm not sure if there was a different option code for other model years. For example, chassis EB95292 is a 1989.

Some info on the UK versions here: https://www.e30zone.net/e30wiki/inde...25i_Motorsport
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
                                There's an S770 car being auctioned by Copart on Friday in LA. VIN EC26759. 131k miles. Looks like it's in actually pretty good shape compared to others I've seen. Requires a dealer license or broker to bid on it.

https://www.copart.com/lot/28694069
                                Does anyone know how much this sold for?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X