This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
    Do not cut your springs. The quality of your livelihood will suffer. Get M3 springs.

lmao. How much do you think that would lower the car? and how much do they run for? I found someone selling Bav. Auto lowering springs for about $100(plus shipping). You think that will work good?

he sais they will lower it by about 1 1/4"
    Last edited by v8fc3s; 10-25-2009, 09:05 AM.

Comment

My car is on M3 springs. You can probably find pictures of it in this thread. It lowers it nicely. I have herd that bav auto springs are a little low and soft for a vert, and tend to sag. M3 springs usually go for around 100-120 shipped.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Hey fuckers!! There have been about 10 posts from people who have vogtlands on their cabby's and still no pics. So someone please please post pics of their cabrio on vogtlands so i can see how it looks before i do it to mine. Also how is the handling after springs? Does it feel less like a boat then stock? Mine is stock now and i hate the way it drives.
        97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
        2001 330ci 5 speed
        83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

Originally posted by TopOfTheLine89 View Post
          Hey fuckers!!
          That's a good way to ask.

Search PaladinReed. He is running the coupe springs.
          -tim
          Originally posted by Jordan
          I like the stance
          -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

thanks^ if its the white one in his sig it it lowered perfectly to my tastes. Was only joking about you guys being fuckers.
            2001 330ci 5 speed
            83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

i was just checking on the vogtland web site to get some info on their coil overs. i didn't see a kit listed for e30's. they do have one for the e36. are you using this one? anyway, it looks pretty awesome. i want a good coil over kit where i can still use my bilstein sports because i am really happy with these struts/shocks. i was looking at ground control but they aren't cheap.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Front
                Coupe H&R sports,billie sports,pads in

Back
                Stock springs and shocks with pads removed

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by TopOfTheLine89 View Post
                  thanks^ if its the white one in his sig it it lowered perfectly to my tastes. Was only joking about you guys being fuckers.
                  Yep the same. Fucker! :)
                  -tim
                  Originally posted by Jordan
                  I like the stance
                  -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                    i was just checking on the vogtland web site to get some info on their coil overs. i didn't see a kit listed for e30's. they do have one for the e36. are you using this one? anyway, it looks pretty awesome. i want a good coil over kit where i can still use my bilstein sports because i am really happy with these struts/shocks. i was looking at ground control but they are cheap.
                    2001 330ci 5 speed
                    83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

this one?

VVVVVVV
                      Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                        Front
                        Coupe H&R sports,billie sports,pads in

Back
                        Stock springs and shocks with pads removed
                        you.
                        I like your style.
                        good taste on the stance and ingenious turn using just a different spring up front.

-Paladin
                        Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

how does it feel with pads removed?is it safe?i just lowered my ride and the passeger rear seems to sit lower than the driver side.i am thinking of removing the pads but not sure how it will affect my ride.

Comment

Originally posted by ddogstyle1 View Post
                            how does it feel with pads removed?is it safe?i just lowered my ride and the passeger rear seems to sit lower than the driver side.i am thinking of removing the pads but not sure how it will affect my ride.
                            Once I took the car off the jack, I heard one creek. I havent noticed anything since. It drives just fine.

COTM

Comment

so the other day I nstalled a strut bar adn a skid plate on my vert

I had been told that the strut abr wont make much difference in a vert, since it has extra gussets, but being lowered, I did not have room for a under frame cross brace

well the strut bar made a big difference, nearly eliminated cowl shake, and really helped stiffent things up
                              makes me wonder, just how much of a vrt is a big shock absorber, as now I also feel many of the little bumps in the road,
                              was my body just flexing to compensate

lowered, billy sports, all new bushings/joints in front this past fall , new bushings going into the rear this spring

anyone know the link the somebody did, months ago, of pics DIY taking his rear subframe out of a vert,it as a red vert in atlanta ga, if that helps ring a bell
                              Last edited by 3bvert; 01-19-2010, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                                Once I took the car off the jack, I heard one creek. I havent noticed anything since. It drives just fine.
                                Do you happen to know what size pads? Real OEM lists two, a 5mm & a 10mm. Which ones did you remove? Your stance is one of the nicest I've seen - great work!

Jack
                                [I

Comment

Working...
                                X