Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got the H&Rs installed, happy with the results.

I decided not to use the E90 drop hats so if anyone wants to make a fair offer I'll send them out (payment Paypal).

Comment

stupid question but i just picked up a 92 vert, will coupe and sedan specific springs and coilovers still work on the cabrio? what different in the vert suspension that makes them seperate the two anyway??
      "I came into this world, not chiefly to make this a good place to live in, but to live in it, be it good or bad" -Henry Thoreau-
      1991 318is - the cruiser
      1989 325i - the rats nest

Comment

Originally posted by mrmckie View Post
        stupid question but i just picked up a 92 vert, will coupe and sedan specific springs and coilovers still work on the cabrio? what different in the vert suspension that makes them seperate the two anyway??
        The vert is heavier, so coupe/sedan springs will drop it more, but may not have the ideal spring rates for your desired performance. For example, my h&r sports for my cabrio is a different pn then the coupe.
        Originally Posted by Exodus
        He also kept asking why someone local didn't just go to the guys house and break his kneecaps, as they would do in Romania. He couldn't understand how us Americans are so laid back about shit like this.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexHale View Post
          The vert is heavier, so coupe/sedan springs will drop it more, but may not have the ideal spring rates for your desired performance. For example, my h&r sports for my cabrio is a different pn then the coupe.
          I'll second that, spring rates might not be ideal, yet, you could buy 2.25 or 2.5 I'd springs from various vendors such as GC, IE, etc.

Cheers,
          Frank

Comment

Originally posted by fporro View Post
            I'll second that, spring rates might not be ideal, yet, you could buy 2.25 or 2.5 I'd springs from various vendors such as GC, IE, etc.

Cheers,
            Frank
            What part of Hawaii is your sig?
            He also kept asking why someone local didn't just go to the guys house and break his kneecaps, as they would do in Romania. He couldn't understand how us Americans are so laid back about shit like this.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmckie View Post
              Weight difference per model / year

Curb weight:
              325i 87-88 : 2850 lbs ; 89: 2895 lbs; 90-91: 2811 lbs
              325i Cabrio 87-90: 3015 lbs; 91-92: 2988 lbs
              325ix 88-91 3010 lbs
              318i/is 90-91 4dr: 2657 lbs; is: 2602 lbs; cab: 2867 lbs
              Last edited by Bimmerman4Ever; 08-19-2013, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexHale View Post

What part of Hawaii is your sig?
                Makapuu Beach overlooking Makai Pier on island of Oahu

Comment

Looked very familiar, just returned from there.beautiful trunk and hardtop fporro, do y'all ever bomb those roads around the island?

Comment

Thanks Alex, when I do it's midnight runs, roads here aren't as sticky, used to canyon carve in Santa Monica mountains on SoCal, that's was lots of fun. :)
                    Cheerios,
                    Frank

Comment

My new set-up = Bilstein sports, H&R Cabrio Springs. FWIW, I really like it.

Comment

Hey guys, I hope this doesn't irritate anyone, because i wont get a chance to read this whole thing for a while, and the answer is probably in here somewhere, but I am wondering if anyone can quickly tell me if I can use some JOM coilovers on my vert?

Thanks, Ryan

Comment

Anyone know of a way to raise the rear with out getting coil overs ? I am running ie race springs and billstein hds but my rear just sits to low :/

I was suggested of getting another set of rubber cushions and stacking them .. Anyone done this ?

Also wheels are 16x8 and tires are 225-50-16

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	7161312
                          Buy e30 cup holders
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...41#post4159541

Buy BMW Motosports handles
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302846

Buy BMW MOTORSPORT valve covers http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=330146

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I done the stack up, choose upper (thicker) or lowers (usually thinner), cut center so nub on oem units can go through it.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by fporro; 11-04-2013, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Great thanks I will be getting some this weekend :) will update after ..
                              Buy e30 cup holders
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...41#post4159541

Buy BMW Motosports handles
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302846

Buy BMW MOTORSPORT valve covers http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=330146

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E30Jigzaw View Post
                                Great thanks I will be getting some this weekend :) will update after ..
                                you're welcome,

btw, color, never seen it on a e30, what's the name ?
                                bumper swapped too, nice :)

16x8" wide rims with offset between et12 to et15 should work with those tires.
                                Last edited by fporro; 11-04-2013, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X