This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jdesign View Post
    Thanks. I was wondering because I am almost as low (about and inch higher) and my camber is only about -.5. I was wondering if the verts would be different for some reason.
    shouldn't be different, they use the same suspension components. There must be something wrong with your setup, as stock e30's come with like 1* camber in the rear
    2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
    (Daily Driver)
    Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
    KW V2 Coilovers
    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

the high camber annoys me.. gonna raise the rear a bit.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
      If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

So, I read all 35 pages of this thread, and am still not sure what to do. My vert has stock suspension. Original springs. Shocks replaced with Sachs OEM replacements about 10k miles ago.

I just switched from 14" weaves to 15x7 BBS RZs, The rear height is fine, but the huge stock front gap looks even worse. What I'd like to do is just drop the front while keeping the Sachs shocks and OEM ride/handling. So what's the best solution? H&R Cabrio springs, coupe springs, M3 springs, hats, or something else?

Thanks, Cory
        1992 325i Cabrio
        1988 320i Touring
        2000 M5
        1977 530i
        2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
        BMWCCA
        E30CCA

Comment

I've got a fresh set of h&r Cabrio springs with BS sports. It's "firm" to say the least. I think you will find stock dampers not suitable for the drop.

Post 115 of my build thread to see how she sits
          Last edited by jeffnhiscars; 02-10-2014, 08:14 PM.
          Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
          Alice the Time Capsule
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

[ATTACH]81826[/ATTACH]
            2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
            (Daily Driver)
            Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
            KW V2 Coilovers
            VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

My brothers '92 vert on GC coilovers, Koni SA valve matched and Condor speed shop M3 cabs.

~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                I've got a fresh set of h&r Cabrio springs with BS sports. It's "firm" to say the least. I think you will find stock dampers not suitable for the drop.

Post 115 of my build thread to see how she sits
                Thanks Jeff. I'm thinking drop hats might be a good option, since the OEM shocks will probably have the same problem with any of the aftermarket lowering springs.

Cory
                1992 325i Cabrio
                1988 320i Touring
                2000 M5
                1977 530i
                BMWCCA
                E30CCA

Comment

h & r coupe oe sport springs and e90 hats. :)

Comment

i'll just leave this here

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_mv301ywnMG1s3rq0ro2_1280.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	7164230
                    '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                    '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
                    Is that thing on air?

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
                      Thanks Jeff. I'm thinking drop hats might be a good option, since the OEM shocks will probably have the same problem with any of the aftermarket lowering springs. Cory
                      I think when we met I had already installed e90 drop hats after I replaced my blown OE struts with BS Touring. The drop barely made a dent in the stock cabrio reverse rake but for the $20 they cost it was a no brainer "while I was in there".

There may be a pic in my build thread before I did the full suspension swap if you want an idea and in the after pics the e90s are still in there.
                      Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

Alice the Time Capsule
                      87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                        I think when we met I had already installed e90 drop hats after I replaced my blown OE struts with BS Touring. The drop barely made a dent in the stock cabrio reverse rake but for the $20 they cost it was a no brainer "while I was in there".

There may be a pic in my build thread before I did the full suspension swap if you want an idea and in the after pics the e90s are still in there.
                        Jeff,

As always - thanks for the great advice. I'm running out of ideas that allow me to keep the Sachs shocks. Maybe OEM euro E30 springs + E90 drop hats would provide enough decrease in the front gap to be worth the effort. I wonder how hard it would be to source used euro springs?

Cory
                        1992 325i Cabrio
                        1988 320i Touring
                        2000 M5
                        1977 530i
                        BMWCCA
                        E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
                          Jeff,

As always - thanks for the great advice. I'm running out of ideas that allow me to keep the Sachs shocks. Maybe OEM euro E30 springs + E90 drop hats would provide enough decrease in the front gap to be worth the effort. I wonder how hard it would be to source used euro springs?

Cory
                          I cant find my notes but when I spoke with Bilstein about how much lower I could go with the Tourings, they said there was quite a lot of range in them. As long as you are lowering only a modest amount they should be fine. Id shorten the bump stops either way.

Alice the Time Capsule

Comment

Recently Finished suspension and car.

Bilstein Sports F&R
                            Ie3 springs
                            e90 Drophats
                            IE sway bar links
                            IE sway bushings
                            Powerflex M3 style LCA bushings
                            Condor RTABs
                            Condor Drop Subframe bushings

Wish it was a bit lower, but it will hold me over until i switch to air in the future.

Comment

What a great thread! I've read pretty much every word of it. I have a question: Has anyone tried keeping the stock springs and going with e90 drop hats in the front and removing the spring pads in the rear? I'm running Bilstein HDs all around with 14" weaves with 205/60r14, the rest is stock.

Comment

I need some input on what to run on my convertible. I've read through the entire thread probably 3 times now...

I'm going to be running 205/45/17s on E36 DS1 wheels with 42 Draft adapters. I want to get rid of this awful gap but not get super low. Wondering if I need to beef up the tires too...

Comment

Working...
                                X