• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am running. . .

GC coils with 460/650R
    GC Camber Plates
    Shortened Koni SA Shocks
    CG Rear Shock Mounts
    No rear bar/m3 style adjustable links on the front.
    Coming soon modified front struts and rear subframe So I can crank them on down. (they are all the way up in these pics.:D)

Erik

Comment

Glad this thread is still alive
      sigpic

Comment

Hi Erik, That sure is a good looking car you have there.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

Thanks, I'm just trying to get all the suspension and brakes sorted before the s52 swap goes in. I have some time though, as I have to finish the s54 swap i'm working on first.

Comment

hey guys, quick question, I have some e36 m3 h& r race springs in my possession, will they fit my cabrio, with billy sports?
            harry/harout

Comment

not to my knowledge
              sigpic

Comment

Anyone have pics of a vert on H&R Races? I am thinking of going this route with some Billies. I have a 92 318 so i'm guessing the front will sit a tad higher than a 325 coupe and the rear should be about 1/4" lower. The extra vert weight in the back shouldn't affect ride height all that much with the 570lb rear spring rate of the races. I'm guessing a few spring pads + or - will get back any height differences.

Thanks
                Glen

Comment

anyone running 60mm front only springs and stock rear springs on a late model cabrio?
                  if so any pics?
                  i think the rear of my car is fairly decent as is and would like the front alot lower, plus i will be adding some 16x9.5 rear and 16x8.5 front BBS RS's in the next few months and want a decent rake so the rear lips dont touch the fenders....

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
                    hey guys, quick question, I have some e36 m3 h& r race springs in my possession, will they fit my cabrio, with billy sports?
                    +1 Id like to see this.

Im about to put a Vogtland set of springs designed for the coupe that lower it 1.6in. Id figure Ill be at 1.8 or maybe 2in in the rear of my cab and about the same in the front. Plus GC camber plates that may lower it a little more.
                    Ill post pics after it is done. I bet this will be comparable to an H&R race for the coupe

Paladin
                    Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

Originally posted by PaladinReed View Post
                      +1 Id like to see this.

Im about to put a Vogtland set of springs designed for the coupe that lower it 1.6in. Id figure Ill be at 1.8 or maybe 2in in the rear of my cab and about the same in the front. Plus GC camber plates that may lower it a little more.
                      Ill post pics after it is done. I bet this will be comparable to an H&R race for the coupe

Paladin
                      sounds like a nice combo - waiting for pix!! Do you have stock M Tech springs now?

Jack
                      [I

Comment

Hey Jack!
                        yeah im excited. Got my bilsteins (as well as other goodies) in today, and got an email from Vogtland saying the springs may be on backorder ><; so frustrating. I emailed back telling them that their phone rep had told me they were in stock and as they get them from the motherland, backordering can take a month plus. So Im scrounging for a set. Anyhow it should look like Vogtlands (1.8in), Billy sports, THR CABs, IE RSM, BMP TABs, and GC camber plates, (as well as an HD skid plate and Mason xbrace). Hoping to be near 2in lower in back and that or more in front. Im already worrying about that splitter you're getting ready for me. I dont want to yank it off XD. And yes sir it is sitting on the mtech II springs at the moment. Im very excited :D
                        Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

any feedback on this springs from tunershop?

TS Springs
                          TS Springs (BMW 3er Cabriolet)

$ 119.-
                          Car: BMW 3er Cabriolet
                          Type: 3/R (E30)
                          Built: 11/90-2/94
                          Engine: 4 Zyl.

Drop front: 35
                          Drop rear: 0

Comment

H&R RACE SPRINGS on a Cabby -
                            (bilstein sports, other etc suspension mods...stock tire size)

I gotta swap on my plastics bad.. grumble.

Comment

Bump!

if i run the Bavauto springs with an after Billi sports shocks, would i have any rubbing issues with a 16x8 offset?
                              Originally posted by e30e
                              lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

is anyone running 4cyl cab springs on a 6cyl?

will this drop the car more in the front? or cause issues with spring binding?

thnaks for any help..

looking to get a decent drop in the front and my only options are FK 60/40 or TS 55/35, or if its possible to run H&R 4cyl springs and it might drop an extra 10-15mm?

Comment

Working...
                                X