This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twothrees View Post
    Kevin, are your rocker's color matched to your car? Its hard to tell in this picture but it looks like it. If so, do you have a better picture to post? I have always thought of doing this too. Sorry for the off topic post.
    [/QUOTE]
    Sorry I Pshoped the color a while back along with the rear. I think it would look good color matched but I am installing a mtech II kit instead.
    Kevin

www.seatkit.com New Site first week of April 2011
    Your DIY upholstery source
    e30tech forum sponsor
    E46 uphosltery kits coming soon..........
    kchinn@creativeoptions.info

Comment

O.K. so my week with my Brother's 99 M Coupe is over, he just piked her up. And after taking her out for a couple of nice long rides I never once complained about the wheels being to low of a profile (45's), the suspension handled beautifully, can't say one bad thing about this car or the ride. Well except that it's not mine.

I got under the car and measured the front sway bar that is the lowest part of the car and it happens to be set in front of the Oil Pan to protect it. Pretty clever.... It measured bit over 4 1/2 inches, so I measured my 4x4 e30 and it measures 5 1/4, so if I lower it 1 1/2 I'm lower than the M- Coupe. So now the quest for measurements of Suspension set up with oil pan to floor dimensions. Share if you have handy, or should I start another thread. I know I'm sure it's out there, thought I get this rolling since it's convertible related.

Let me know guys.
      sigpic
      WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

H&R Cab specific springs and Bilstein sport. Stock US weaves.

03 M3 Vert
        89 325i

Comment

Nice stance, now can you give me an oil pan to floor measurement please.
          sigpic
          WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

Guys can I get some measurements of ground clearance from the ground to the oil pan. I measured my car and stock or worn suspension I have a clearance of 5 1/2".
            sigpic
            WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

oh I cant wait till ti gets here :D
              heres what I ordered over the past few days
              got a set of used springs ( got em wednesday, from matt b)
              ordered new billy sports ( arrived thursday, on bimmerforums, screaming deal)
              new lwoer control arms, , tie rods, sway links and offset cabs ( all german) ( in transit)
              new rotors adn pads ( all 4, just blank discs and pbr pads) ( arrived friday)
              upper strut mounts (in transit)
              hope the other parts get here soon, I have tuesday, wed and thursday off to install it all

it will be soooo nice, as I have not been able to drive my vert for a week, the suspension was so shot ( blown strut, bad lower control arm)

this winter Ill do all the wheel bearings and rear bushings

Comment

Originally posted by Aerton View Post
                Guys can I get some measurements of ground clearance from the ground to the oil pan. I measured my car and stock or worn suspension I have a clearance of 5 1/2".
                I've been reading your posts in this thread and it seems like your concerned about whacking your oil pan if you lower your vert.

I don't have a measurement for you at the moment (would be happy to get it tomorrow) but this I can tell you-

From running my vert for 80K miles with H&R sport and Bilsteins, you will not ever, ever whack your oil pan. I've driven her all over the northeast, on the worst roads you can imagine, thru construction zones, on gravel roads, speedbumps, to the top of Mt. Washington etc. In fact she's stiff enough that I don't even worry about the Is lip either. Parking lots with high curbs are the greatest threat to the lip;) . My two cents is that with that set up you would have zero worries.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Disaster Inc View Post
                  I've been reading your posts in this thread and it seems like your concerned about whacking your oil pan if you lower your vert.

From running my vert for 80K miles with H&R sport and Bilsteins, you will not ever, ever whack your oil pan. ;) . My two cents is that with that set up you would have zero worries.
                  Hey Disaster Inc, am I worried? You bet, not only do I not want to hit my oil pan but after making a big investment in my car I do not want to be stuck with my bad decision for a very long time. When I visit the west coast and feel the beautiful southern Cali roads all I can think is wide tires low firm suspension. But landing in JFK, picking up my Explorer and pouncing on potholes it reminds me of my daily environment. I appreciate if you can get me the measurements, but I really appreciate your testimonial being that you drive in the east coast and your ride is one I very much admire.

Thank you.
                  sigpic
                  WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

I too am a little concerened with the clearance, yet I am setting up to sit lower here real soon. . I drive 1 1/2 miles of gravel roads a day, with the last 1/4 being a single lane wiht a high crown in the center.

Ill get measurements before and after and post them

Comment

alright guys, im parting my Cabrio. IVe got a that set of H&R Cabrio specific lowering springs. And i need a set of lowering springs for a coupe or seday. Brand doesnt matter.

Let me know if you have a set to trade or want to buy them straight out.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'll take them, pm. Sent
                        sigpic
                        WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

of course now they come up, I owuld have prefered H&R but took what I could find (eibrach)

Comment

switching springs
                            so for the rear, I have to unbolt the differential and let it drop, I thought I read someplace that was a un-needed step ?

Comment

Originally posted by 3bvert View Post
                              switching springs
                              so for the rear, I have to unbolt the differential and let it drop, I thought I read someplace that was a un-needed step ?
                              It is unnecessary. Unbolt the swaybar and there's enough wiggle room in the trailing arm to get the springs out easily.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
                              MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
                              | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Originally posted by VacMan View Post
                                It is unnecessary. Unbolt the swaybar and there's enough wiggle room in the trailing arm to get the springs out easily.
                                thanks a lot
                                always admired the look of your vert
                                I cant wait to see mine lowered and drive on non-blown strut

Comment

Working...
                                X