Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am running H&R cab sport springs with bilstein sports. I pick up some 16" wheels and can really see how out of wack my camber in the front and rear are. Has anyone done the IE rear camber adjustment to the rear trailing arm mounts? What kind of adjustment has it provided. I have -3.5 in the rear R -2.5 annd L -1 in the front. I need so help trying to gauge whether it is worth getting the adjustable kits for the front and rear. I am just looking to get around -1 camber all around. Do these kits provide that much positive camber. This is a dd street car. I lowered it because of a good deal and my old oem suspension was shot. Thanks.

Comment

email IE and ask them

Comment

hey guys, ive got a set of Cabrio specific H&R sport springs. I am needing to trade them for a lowering coupe or sedan set. So if you have any lowering springs that arent cabrio specific ill trade.
        sigpic

Comment

Hey Dave, love to take you up on that ride let me know where and when is good. Did you buy the Cabrio specific BTS kit, if so do you have a part number?

pm me.

Originally posted by DaveSmed View Post
          If you want to drive my car, let me know! PM me and we can meet up somewhere.

1987 325iC 5spd

BTS suspension all around (Bilstein sport shocks and "Bilstein" springs, close to H&R coupe rates)
          Sparco strut tower brace
          Treehouse racing CABs
          AKG poly subframe bushings
          IE 19mm rear sway bar
          Turner RSMs

Rides fine, handles fine. Decent daily driver setup. Might be trying M3 style sway bar end links out front soon, try and keep it a bit flatter.

No real good ride hight pics at the moment.

sigpic
          WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

Originally posted by mattdk318i View Post
            hey guys, ive got a set of Cabrio specific H&R sport springs. I am needing to trade them for a lowering coupe or sedan set. So if you have any lowering springs that arent cabrio specific ill trade.
            how much do you want for them?

i am looking to lower my vert!:giggle:
            Originally posted by e30e
            lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Id like to be able to buy a set of lowering springs, So whatever a average set of lowering springs cost used.
              sigpic

Comment

can you get me some pictures? with them installed on the car. also how many Miles are on the springs?

Thanks
                Originally posted by e30e
                lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

looking for a set of m3 or H&R sports for my 91 318ic
                  I was told the m3's would be ok
                  that the h&R are 325 specific adn wont drop my front end much ? true ?

but I need springs pronto, got my billy sports waiting to go on

Comment

Kmac has a nice rear kit, +/- 2.o adjustment ?
                    It comes with a nifty bushing removal tool :) ...

Ground Control front camber/caster plates give greater clearance than other brands.

Last edited by fporro; 07-01-2009, 12:52 AM.

Comment

My dad is getting ready to replace his shocks and shock mounts in his 92 vert. Im going to try to get him to put M3 springs on his car too but not sure what shocks would be best. I have M3 springs and tokico blue shocks on my car and the rears are still fine but i can tell the fronts are not as stiff as they used to be. Would billy touring shocks be a better choice? He wont want to spend 400$ on shocks so HDs and sports are out of the question.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Wait Wishno87, so your saying you are sitting on M3 springs, that stance is good enough for me, are the Tokico's short = Billy Sport or long = Billy HD?

Question on M3 springs is how do you know if you have good used set?
                        sigpic
                        WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

M3 spring
                          Bils HD front and Sport rear
                          225/50/15 stagered 7 & 7.5
                          14.5mm iX/M3 rear swaybar, f/r urethane bushings
                          off center M3 CAB's.

Comment

times and money is very short supply for me, have been waiting for weeks for a used set of m3 springs and to buy billy sports

my current struts are dead, dead , dead and I have to fix NOW

some other facts limiting my choice right now is that I will do lower control arms and bushings at the same time ($$)
                            and have been unemployed for 6 months (recession) ( came up with this money by selling parts)

so my choice,
                            the tokico spring shock set up, ($350) for all 4 coorners, ( springs made by voightland) they say lifetime warranty and lowers car 1.25 inches
                            (thats half the price of going new h&R and new billy sports)

or kyb g2 struts and shocks ( all 4) for 220 no new springs, stock height

or just go kyb in the front and wait until I find a job and maybe then some day get the nicer h&r billy set up
                            but then convincing my wife a few months later I have to redo it all, wont go over big

Comment

Originally posted by 3bvert View Post
                              times and money is very short supply for me, have been waiting for weeks for a used set of m3 springs and to buy billy sports

my current struts are dead, dead , dead and I have to fix NOW

some other facts limiting my choice right now is that I will do lower control arms and bushings at the same time ($$)
                              and have been unemployed for 6 months (recession) ( came up with this money by selling parts)

so my choice,
                              the tokico spring shock set up, ($350) for all 4 coorners, ( springs made by voightland) they say lifetime warranty and lowers car 1.25 inches
                              (thats half the price of going new h&R and new billy sports)

or kyb g2 struts and shocks ( all 4) for 220 no new springs, stock height

or just go kyb in the front and wait until I find a job and maybe then some day get the nicer h&r billy set up
                              but then convincing my wife a few months later I have to redo it all, wont go over big
                              M3 springs = $100
                              Bilstein Touring Shocks = $220

I would prefer Bilsteins touring over Tokico.

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
                              My dad is getting ready to replace his shocks and shock mounts in his 92 vert. Im going to try to get him to put M3 springs on his car too but not sure what shocks would be best. I have M3 springs and tokico blue shocks on my car and the rears are still fine but i can tell the fronts are not as stiff as they used to be. Would billy touring shocks be a better choice? He wont want to spend 400$ on shocks so HDs and sports are out of the question.
                              I actually have M3 springs and Bilstein Touring Shocks waiing to be installed on my cabrio. I will let you know how it goes when completed.

Comment

Hey Worthybrothr
                                I would love to go with m3 springs, that is actually my preference, I have been watching all the forums I know of for weeks, but my strut is so bad now I can not wait much longer, the car is getting unsafe to drive, and it is my dd.
                                if you have a line on some m3 springs, please let me know asap

then I would go m3, billysports ( or tourings), and I already have a set of billy sports sitting on the shelf for the rear ( used)

hey if your not in a hurry to get yours mounted you can sell me your m3's ( we have talked before, formally known as Isamemon)

Comment

Working...
                                X