X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And my sales brochure photo...
    Attached Files
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

H&R Race
      10mm Spring Pads Rear
      Bilstein Sports F & R
      16x8 ET14 195/50/16
      16x9 ET14 205/50/16

sigpic

Comment

Posting up as my previous photos weren't on level ground.

H&R Race
        Bilstein Sport
        Full E30 M3 5lug
        16x7.5" E28 M5 wheels, 225/45R16 tires

'89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

looks great!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
            looks great!
            Thanks, the ride height looks good to me but the ride is rougher than I'd like. I'm probably going to swap the springs out for Cabrio Sports.
            '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

HR Cabrio springs, Billstein Sports, Euroweaves with 205/55/15.

Last edited by Poorhouse; 06-07-2018, 06:28 AM. Reason: Picture size
              1991 318iC
              1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                Thanks, the ride height looks good to me but the ride is rougher than I'd like. I'm probably going to swap the springs out for Cabrio Sports.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm doing. I just purchased my HR cabrio springs, I may run drophats in the front.
                sigpic

Comment

Has anyone ever successfully used the green Racing Dynamics on Koni Yellow Sports?

Trying to dig up some more info around the RD's and H&R Sport rate differences. I've been running used vert RD's with new Koni Yellow Adjustable Sports (86 2277 Sport) for the past two years (which is only about 2k miles in total)

Recently, my front end is getting real bad and rough- I'm thinking with the heavy s52 and these RD's being god only how old and used- are finally losing their original spring rates. I'd prefer to upgrade to H&R's but really want to make sure that if I do switch over, that i'm not going any softer than what I have now. I have H&R Sports on my red coupe and they work great with Koni Yellow Adjustables (but as we all know, these verts are not as easy to dial into a good spring/shock combo)

These RD's are really hard to get any solid information on, curious if anyone has been through the same switch or vice versa and what they noticed in differences.

555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
                  '95 BMW e34 525i
                  '92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
                  '92 Range Rover Classic
                  '90 Range Rover Classic
                  '89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
                  '81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
                  '76 Honda CB550K Cafe/Brat
                  '67 Pontiac LeMans
                  '24 Model T Depot Hack
                  ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

nt
                    Darien
                    1974 2002 "Careen"
                    1988 325i vert "Serene"
                    1994 Ferrari 348 spider "Fiora"

Comment

This is H&R race with one coil cut off the fronts with 15" wheels and 205-50 tires

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Nice job! The car looks great.
                        Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks! It's got a cross brace in the front but no strut tower brace yet - I'm waiting for a local deal on one of those. I've noticed when cornering the chassis flex is now a bit ridiculous. I don't want to put a 6 point cage in my car so I may go back to H&R sports so the suspension is better balanced with the chassis flex

It's so bad that mid corner you have to readjust your turn in angle so the back of the car stays flat with the front, which is of course pretty distracting and quite scary. I set it up like this for autox but apparently stiff springs aren't always the answer!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

1992 318ic

Split a 318ic with the girlfriend. $800-a-piece date car. I've been lurking for probably 6 months, and finally took the dive recently and bought absolutely everything I'll need to revamp my cars suspension. (Every bushing, shocks, springs, control arms, shock mounts)

I've never really worked on cars besides things like brakes and oil changes until I got this car, but I'm an experienced home motorcycle mechanic.

After reading through almost every page of this thread, I landed on something I don't think I've seen done yet. This is my parts list. Still waiting on the bilsteins and the drophats. I may end up getting cabrio springs, but I didnt want to go that low.

H&R OE sport springs (PN 50404-55)
                            Bilstein B8s
                            Rear: 10mm upper spring pad, standard lower
                            Front: standard spring pads, e90 drop hats

My thinking is that the OE sport springs will offer a modest drop (1.5) in the rear and not much drop at all up front. Hence the thicker rear spring pads in the back, and the drop hats up front. I'll play with it and try to get it right. I wish there were better options for the 318ic, as it seems everything is marketed towards the 325 cabrio.

What do y'all think? and thanks for reading my first post! I hope to be around for a while... when this m42 dies me and the girlfriend would love to do an s52 swap!

Comment

1991 M-Tech 2

Bilstein B8 Sport front and rears with H&R Sport spring kit.
                              The front had a gap my fist could fit in before but now it’s just 3 fingers high, I would like to see the front a little lower but with a Garagistic X-Brace installed I was afraid that I would hit the ground one to many times if it was lower. I will be converting it to a 5 lug later on.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Just installed Eibach Pro-Kit with Koni Yellows and stock spring plates. I bailed on E90 drop hats at the last minute and think this ride height is just right for my use.

sigpic

Comment

• Cirrusbrad
                                  Cirrusbrad commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  This setup looks great. I'm just finishing the same my car. Pro-kit/Koni. Wheels go back on tonight.
                              Working...
                              X